Best result or not?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
slimshady

Re: Best result or not?

Post by slimshady »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Micky Mac should have been sent off, correct decision, but where did the decision come from ?
It wasnt the referee, who didnt see it nor the touch judges who didnt raise their flags.
What are the video refs allowed to do in the rules of rugby league, as in my opinion it was the VR who spotted the incident and put the tanoy out to Child who said "Got it Got it", and blew his whistle 10 seconds after the contact. The delays in the refs decisions were so robotic, it begs the question how much are the decisions pre meditated.
On 13 minutes 20 secs the ref was heard to say "Whats that" at a point where Sam had passed to George and the ball came of Georges feet, deemed OFFSIDE. Child didnt even see it and neither did the touchies as again no flags were lifted, however shortly after the pass, Child said "Whats that" and the play was stopped, penalty Aints for OFFSIDE.
OK Micky Mac was rightfully sent off, but how many other players should have been shown the red card for like for like incidents this season. Webb. Abblett and Westwood come to mind.
Great post with very good points, we commented much the same at the game. All this technology is ok but I dont think the ref should receive help from the VR accept with try or no try, the muppets tried to say the call came from the touchies but thats bollocks cause they had no involvement or they would have been on the pitch.
With regard to the comments re Fielden I think SW was correct in playing him tonight it will give him a great boost with his match fitness and he will be firing on all cylinders during the play offs, thought he did well tonight and looked sharp and very aggressive.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

it was a bad tackle by mickey mac,red card or sin bin on some days,but lets look at the positives,we lost by 8 points with 12 men the result means saints and wire knock shit out of each other next week we got catalans(not an easy game but preferable)hopefully mickey mac only gets 1 game, although was it perry who dropped on hansen with his elbow who was just penalised but had just as much intent,and i do believe we will have a physcological advantage if we play them again as they was less than impressive against 12 men but we must improve our kicking game its poor
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think it was the best result for us. Very happy with the way Fielden played. After so long out and virtually no game time, his performance was brilliant. Worrying for me though is Finch. Great player that he is, his timing was woeful at certain points in the game and some promising line breaks were missed because of sloppy, slow passing.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Micky Mac should have been sent off, correct decision, but where did the decision come from ?
It wasnt the referee, who didnt see it nor the touch judges who didnt raise their flags.
What are the video refs allowed to do in the rules of rugby league, as in my opinion it was the VR who spotted the incident and put the tanoy out to Child who said "Got it Got it", and blew his whistle 10 seconds after the contact. The delays in the refs decisions were so robotic, it begs the question how much are the decisions pre meditated.
On 13 minutes 20 secs the ref was heard to say "Whats that" at a point where Sam had passed to George and the ball came of Georges feet, deemed OFFSIDE. Child didnt even see it and neither did the touchies as again no flags were lifted, however shortly after the pass, Child said "Whats that" and the play was stopped, penalty Aints for OFFSIDE.
OK Micky Mac was rightfully sent off, but how many other players should have been shown the red card for like for like incidents this season. Webb. Abblett and Westwood come to mind.
I think the touch judge made the offside call. It was right near to me and the touch judge was speaking into his flag mic and later to the ref directly. HOwever, he got the call totally wrong because Pat had gone past the ball and played everyone onside.

I think the touch judge made the call on the sending off too. Again by the flag mic.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: I thought Dudson did well and I like what I see with him. He reminds me of O'Carroll in that he accelerates into contact and looks like he means it.
Its funny that - i thought the opposite about Dudson. For me Hansen and Mossop were the only two fowards who ran the ball in hard consistently. We had no penetration even from them though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

slimshady wrote:the muppets tried to say the call came from the touchies but thats bollocks cause they had no involvement or they would have been on the pitch.
They have mics in their flags and can talk to the ref through them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Mike wrote:
I think the touch judge made the offside call. It was right near to me and the touch judge was speaking into his flag mic and later to the ref directly. HOwever, he got the call totally wrong because Pat had gone past the ball and played everyone onside.

I think the touch judge made the call on the sending off too. Again by the flag mic.
Thanks for that Mike, it explains Childs late whistle blow, seemed like an eternity.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Although not good to admit it that was best result a mate of mine who's a saints fan was gutted they couldn't beat us by more when we was down to 12 men and lets be honest we'd rather play Catalans than saints especially as they'll play Warrington