Danny Maguire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
kevoakes

Common sense to provale

Post by kevoakes »

brian mcdermott is hoping common sense will provale and danny mcguire not to get any games.

he says that he doesnt intentionally go in to smash every bloke that runs at him.

do you think he is refering yo micky mac.

anyway, does anyone think common sense will provale and the rfl let mcguire walj unpunished.

i am up in the air on this one, i think the rfl no there will be a big out cry if they do. but then again whrn has that ever bothered them

thoughts?
Fujiman

Re: Common sense to provale

Post by Fujiman »

kevoakes wrote:brian mcdermott is hoping common sense will provale and danny mcguire not to get any games.

he says that he doesnt intentionally go in to smash every bloke that runs at him.

do you think he is refering yo micky mac.

anyway, does anyone think common sense will provale and the rfl let mcguire walj unpunished.

i am up in the air on this one, i think the rfl no there will be a big out cry if they do. but then again whrn has that ever bothered them

thoughts?
Think you should turn spell check on :conf:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Fujiman wrote:Think you should turn spell check on :conf:
Bet he doesn't win menny gaims of Skrabel! :lol:
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Danny Maguire

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

surely even the RFL wouldnt be as crass as to not ban him. I think they will ban him for 1 match then try and ref us out of the game to make sure he can come back for the final
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

plus they cant surely get away with the good behavior as he was banned only 2 months ago for twisting limbs in a tackle

http://www.therfl.co.uk/disciplinary/item?3844

plus they used the good behavior card then
The committee are of no doubt that this was quite a serious act of misconduct. The committee were minded that they believed this incident was at the higher end of the sanction as charged by the Match Review Panel. However the player is remorseful and has an excellent record over a ten year first team career. The committee therefore feel they can impose a 1 match suspension and a £300 fine.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Fujiman wrote:Think you should turn spell check on :conf:
Bet he doesn't win menny gaims of Skrabel! :lol:
:lol:
BriH

Post by BriH »

OJ wrote:Just having a roam round and stumbled across this on the Sporting Life - is Brian McDermott really serious -unbelievable! Accidental contact my ....

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... on-mcguire
McGuire was put on report for a high tackle on Louis Anderson during the Rhinos' win over Catalan Dragons on Friday.

The incident will be considered by the RFL's match-review panel on Monday and McDermott is adamant that McGuire should face no action, arguing that he made accidental contact with Anderson.

"I don't think I'm being biased but that's not a bannable offence," he said. "You can't ban people for unfortunately finding themselves making contact with somebody's head.

"If someone goes out to make contact with somebody's head intentionally, ban them. To keep making that 'mistake', ban them.

"That's what I thought the review panel was for, to try to eradicate repeat offenders, either cynical contact where people are twisting elbow and shoulder sockets or people who just can't get their tackle technique right.

"At the moment with the panel it seems to be a 'one-strike and you're out'. There are very few successes this year. I don't think there has been any not-guilties this year."

I read this quote last night on Sky text and couldn't believe what I was reading!
What is "bannable"? A new Indian dish I've missed?
"...unfortunately finding themselves making contact with somebody's head" !!!!
I think everybody who is up before the Magistrates on ABH/GBH charge should quote this, especially if Danny McGuire gets off.
Me and my wife re-read it and were laughing hysterically at the absurdity of the remark.
On a more serious note, if McGuire gets off, I will also be writing a very strongly worded letter to the RFL.
If he gets off, are there grounds for Micky Mac to have a re-trial? Perhaps he should contact the new Players Association.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Hope I'm wrong but Maguire more likely to be awarded the Man of Steel title than get a ban - they would have to adjust the spelling a bit though and make it Man of Steal.

Can you imagine the atmosphere on Friday if he gets off? All the Wigan fans booing when McGuire touches the ball and all the Leeds fans doing the same every time Sam touches it :roll:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

OJ

Post by OJ »

Looks like he has got 1 match - we await the appeal

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

markill

Post by markill »

OJ wrote:Looks like he has got 1 match - we await the appeal

That link is for a different offence back in July. The disciplinary meet on a Tuesday.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod