Who will replace Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: Who will replace Faz

Post by waterside glens »

proud_pie_eater posted:
I dont think anyone realises that Farrell is irreplacable, as a captain, as a player and as a Wigan personality. The man himself will be sorely lost but I think the natural replacment for Faz is Sean O'loughlin. He will replace him in position and he will be good for the team, but Farrell will never be replaced, only lost.
totally correct :eusa2:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

:conf:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Why not for a short term fix to see the season out entice Brad Fitler to the bright lights of the JJB now there's a man who could do a job for Wigan. Freddy Freddy.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

we need long term though
The Black Pearl

We can work on securing a long term replacement and anyway Brad Fitler could probably play another two season in England. I agree we need long term but we also need a quick fix or the un-thinkable could happen we're that poor at the minute
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

not really, we have o'loughlin at loose forward and i'm sure someone will get ruthless in the team and tell them what to do
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pricey posted:
heydude posted:
:cool: Thing is no SL club or NRL club are going to release a top quality player at this stage of the season for whatever money is offered,the other thing to consider is not just a top quality player but one with great leadership qualities which (no disrespect to radlinski but) we seem to be lacking at the moment without farrell.
We did didnt we ?[/quote]

His first post and he has just pit most of us in our place. EXACTLY

Well done mate.
The Black Pearl

I love your optimistic view Mrs Carney. I think our young guns could learn so much from the best player of the recent years.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

proud_pie_eater posted:
I dont think anyone realises that Farrell is irreplacable, as a captain, as a player and as a Wigan personality. The man himself will be sorely lost but I think the natural replacment for Faz is Sean O'loughlin. He will replace him in position and he will be good for the team, but Farrell will never be replaced, only lost.
I agree we have a good loose forward now so i say get a power house forward in. 1 name comes to mind Adrian Morley he is available next season. Odds is if the Roosters get a decent pay off from Wigan he would come up.

And do not give me the crap Leeds have first refusal they had that on Harris and where did he end up.

Also that would ensure we had a slot for an over seas player on the roster for next season. Ok he has a problem with discipline but he is a good forward and we are missing that at the moment.

Id love to see him and Danny Sculthorpe combine.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Theres no point panicking over the inevitable, faz is going to go, we cant stop it and instead of filling in with temporary people we should make a decision about the future now