Need I say more??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: Need I say more??

Post by KOOCH »

How many on here wanted Wane to be given the opportunity as head coach once MM had departed.I seem to recall that quite a few of you did.We are now into SW's second season and only three games in and now you want his head.How fickle are we as supporters? We have had enough of the merry go round that was with the coaches.Give the guy a little longer then judge him.Rome was not built in a day.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

As long as supporters are after S.W's head and not wanting massive changes in the players, that;s o.k. Look what's going on at Sen Tellins, every player bar James Roby should be brushing the streets, heavens above, they rejoice when two of their highest paid players are injured and don't feature in team selection. We're only three games into the season and, remember, we're managing without five players that could ALL benefit any other side in the league.
doc

Post by doc »

We have not targetted the oppositions' kickers enough on the last tackle for the last few years. How many times have we seen the opposition come through hard and late on the last tackle on one of our kickers and the ref do nothing about it? Lam took a pounding every time he kicked! What's good for the goose is good for the gander! If Sinfield, Brough, Briers et al knew they were likely to get clattered regardless every time they kicked they would be forced in to a few more rushed kicks rather than kicking us to death.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
slimshady wrote:
Kol wrote: Another constructive, well thought out and eloquent post Slim.
You're getting good at them.

SPOT ON.
Correct he's talking as much shite as you are!
That's right it was well thought out, a succinct reply to the drivel that you and your mate are spouting after 3 games. Maybe we should have a poll to see if Iam right or you are.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

KOOCH wrote:How many on here wanted Wane to be given the opportunity as head coach once MM had departed.I seem to recall that quite a few of you did.We are now into SW's second season and only three games in and now you want his head.How fickle are we as supporters? We have had enough of the merry go round that was with the coaches.Give the guy a little longer then judge him.Rome was not built in a day.
I wanted Wane as coach as I expected continuity from Madge. We didn't get it as Wane has decided to do it his own way so that means for me, all bets are off. Nothing fickle at questioning a coaches unexpected decision to change a winning formula. He puts himself under greater scrutiny by doing so.
markill

Post by markill »

doc wrote:We have not targetted the oppositions' kickers enough on the last tackle for the last few years. How many times have we seen the opposition come through hard and late on the last tackle on one of our kickers and the ref do nothing about it? Lam took a pounding every time he kicked! What's good for the goose is good for the gander! If Sinfield, Brough, Briers et al knew they were likely to get clattered regardless every time they kicked they would be forced in to a few more rushed kicks rather than kicking us to death.
We forced Hudds errors on the last tackle on two or three occasions on Saturday. Brough wasn't a big factor in what I saw. The kicks they really made ground on weren't on the last tackle as Huddersfield realised we weren't looking like scoring long range tries as we kept putting on the same move over and over but Josh doesn't have the range of skill that Sam T has so it was easier to shut down than normal. We didn't have the same range of options in play as normal and we lost our way in the second half a little because Huddersfield closed everything down quickly.

I do think the 'no plan B' argument is fair when thinking about our attacking play on Saturday.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

slimshady wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:
slimshady wrote: Correct he's talking as much shite as you are!
That's right it was well thought out, a succinct reply to the drivel that you and your mate are spouting after 3 games. Maybe we should have a poll to see if Iam right or you are.
Oh I am sure that in a poll the pro Wane camp would win and the thing is I'd vote for him too. My post (had you actually read it properly) was voicing concern rather than having a pop at him. It is early doors and things could very well change over the next few weeks. I hope they do. But if you're going to refer to my posts as "drivel" and "shite" Then that's just a bit rude and spoken with a lack of understanding of what I'm actually posting about. By all means come up with a succinct argument to back up your insults rather than just standing behind vulgarity, seeing this as a fitting way of arguing your point. In fact Slim, what the hell is your point? I'm just wrong and that's it? SW is doing a great job and you've no concerns? And before you start getting all bent out of shape with it being 3 games in, please READ my post again and see that the opening statement says 'I know it's early season.........'

I am genuinely in favour of SW seeing out this season and finding a way of us improving, I really am. I'm just pointing out that one game from three is not how we would have liked to have started the season and stating my reasons for why I think this has happened. I didn't think that an observation such as this would get you so upset.
Well diddums. If you're completely happy with the start we've made then I'm the Queen of China. You can't be because no one with a brain in their head can be 'completely' happy with the start we've made albeit things may get better.
Lets hope so eh.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jobo wrote:Hudds are a pretty good outfit, especially now that they've regained their team spirit. I don't think there was a lot wrong with our attack and our defence was awesome at times.

Time after time we were patient, used our sets wisely and gained good ground and position, only for Brough to launch a monster kick down field. He, like Sinfield last year, had too much time to dictate where we had to restart play and it told in the end.

I reckon that was the only difference between us and it's something SW must be working on.
Huddersfield are not a pretty good outfit they are average,they hardly won a game in the last third of 20012 and in the losses got some good hidings.They have hardly recruited anyone of any note and we should be beating them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

old hooker wrote:
jobo wrote:Hudds are a pretty good outfit, especially now that they've regained their team spirit. I don't think there was a lot wrong with our attack and our defence was awesome at times.

Time after time we were patient, used our sets wisely and gained good ground and position, only for Brough to launch a monster kick down field. He, like Sinfield last year, had too much time to dictate where we had to restart play and it told in the end.

I reckon that was the only difference between us and it's something SW must be working on.
Huddersfield are not a pretty good outfit they are average,they hardly won a game in the last third of 20012 and in the losses got some good hidings.They have hardly recruited anyone of any note and we should be beating them.
Although in teh first two-third of last season they were a top of the table side looking like they were realistically pushing for th league leaders shield. And they didn't lose anyone of note in the last third of the season. :D

Early season form is just that - early. Right now we are competitive with the best teams in the league. Its a good platform to build on as the season goes on. Its not like we were with Noble where we were crap for the first half of the season, we're doing OK.

The last two years we've set off very well and faded. This year we want to set off pretty good and get better. Lets see if that starts to happen.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

DaveO wrote:
KOOCH wrote:How many on here wanted Wane to be given the opportunity as head coach once MM had departed.I seem to recall that quite a few of you did.We are now into SW's second season and only three games in and now you want his head.How fickle are we as supporters? We have had enough of the merry go round that was with the coaches.Give the guy a little longer then judge him.Rome was not built in a day.
I wanted Wane as coach as I expected continuity from Madge. We didn't get it as Wane has decided to do it his own way so that means for me, all bets are off. Nothing fickle at questioning a coaches unexpected decision to change a winning formula. He puts himself under greater scrutiny by doing so.
DaveO. You and every supporter have the right to question S Wane's tactical approach to each and every game as I am also guilty of this myself.However it still does not detract from the fact that he is still in his infancy as a coach.Whilst I also have the same desire for silverware as any other supporter I am also of the opinion that he should be given a little longer to either prove that he's the man for the job or that he is not capable of bringing silverware.My concern is that we do not go back to the bad old days of impatience and reintroduce the merry go round of this coach and that coach.My preference is that he be given at least until the end of this season to prove the doubters either right or wrong.I'm of a generation that remembers relegation and success so am willing to give him that opportunity.I also stand by my statement that some supporters are a fickle lot.It is not an utterance meant to offend but if people do feel offended by my comment could it be that I have hit a raw nerve. :wink: