Reds Snap Up Gaskill, Howarth Goes Other Way

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: Reds Snap Up Gaskill, Howarth Goes Other Way

Post by Kittwazzer »

jobo wrote:He apparently has issues with training and also feels aggrieved about something or other.

I'd say he is a talent and with the right coach could become an excellent player.

He's definitely fed up with Sts though.
There were issues between him and Rush. He even registered on RedVee to voice his frustration. Not clever, but he was a kid. What did he have to lose?

I reckon he was treated very shabbily by Saints after the way 'Lomaskell' was hailed by Royce. I even envied them for giving youngsters a chance, something Madge refused to do - much to our cost!

I wish Lee well!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
jobo wrote:He apparently has issues with training and also feels aggrieved about something or other.

I'd say he is a talent and with the right coach could become an excellent player.

There were issues between him and Rush. He even registered on RedVee to voice his frustration. Not clever, but he was a kid. What did he have to lose?

I reckon he was treated very shabbily by Saints after the way 'Lomaskell' was hailed by Royce. I even envied them for giving youngsters a chance, something Madge refused to do - much to our cost!

I wish Lee well!
According to a Sts friend of mine, at one time Rush and Gaskell got on really well but when Rush took over as first team coach, things changed. If Gaskell does stay at Salford and they get Brian Smith along side the ace psychologist Graham Lowe, they will get the best out of him and I reckon he'll do very well. I was a bit surprised that Nathan Brown didn't resolve the problems. Must be too many bridges burned.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jobo wrote: I was a bit surprised that Nathan Brown didn't resolve the problems. Must be too many bridges burned.
Just adds fuel to the theory that NB doesn't have full control. I heard after the Giants thrashing he was seen being led away by a furious looking McManus and Coslett. Never knew Kel still had any involvement!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Over on RedVee, fans are raving about Stu! Saying he never put a foot wrong. One even said his quick passes from dummy half were better than Roby's!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:Over on RedVee, fans are raving about Stu! Saying he never put a foot wrong. One even said his quick passes from dummy half were better than Roby's!
Clutching at straws!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought Stu had a good game to say he's hardly trained with the saints team :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:I thought Stu had a good game to say he's hardly trained with the saints team :exc:
But you're biased Josie. You've known him since he was an egg and he shares his Maltesers with you! :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Over on RedVee, fans are raving about Stu! Saying he never put a foot wrong. One even said his quick passes from dummy half were better than Roby's!
Clutching at straws!!
Stains fans. Its what they do. This was before they heard of Lee Gaskell's MoM performance to help Salford beat the Giants!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Clutching at straws!!
Gaskell is one player I really wish we had signed.

Stains fans. Its what they do. This was before they heard of Lee Gaskell's MoM performance to help Salford beat the Giants!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

I wish Lee well!
According to a Sts friend of mine, at one time Rush and Gaskell got on really well but when Rush took over as first team coach, things changed. If Gaskell does stay at Salford and they get Brian Smith along side the ace psychologist Graham Lowe, they will get the best out of him and I reckon he'll do very well. I was a bit surprised that Nathan Brown didn't resolve the problems. Must be too many bridges burned.
Or Brown doesn't have the authority to tell others to back off.