Spider Cam

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

Re: Spider Cam

Post by DaveO »

bourbon_rat wrote:
yokozuna wrote:The spidercam could have been good if used sparingly and if the operator understood the game.

Instead at times it felt like we were watching from another town, and the director shouldn't have gone to that camera as often, especially on the 5th tackle which meant we had no idea what was actually going on.
Was this the old style spidercam,(hanging from cables above the field) or was it a coptercam,as is currently being use at some NRL games ?
The coptercam is great !!
I have visions of that thing dropping out of the sky and landing on the ref!

If the RFL employed it they would probably do it on the cheap and have some numpty operating it who would crash it into one of the uprights or fly it off out of range - last seen heading over the pennines!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote:
yokozuna wrote:The spidercam could have been good if used sparingly and if the operator understood the game.

Instead at times it felt like we were watching from another town, and the director shouldn't have gone to that camera as often, especially on the 5th tackle which meant we had no idea what was actually going on.
Was this the old style spidercam,(hanging from cables above the field) or was it a coptercam,as is currently being use at some NRL games ?
The coptercam is great !!
I have visions of that thing dropping out of the sky and landing on the ref!

If the RFL employed it they would probably do it on the cheap and have some numpty operating it who would crash it into one of the uprights or fly it off out of range - last seen heading over the pennines!
was overhead cables
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

On RefCam, did you see the close up of Caveman disputing a forward pass?

Hope no small children were watching! :angry:
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

KaylaRobbo wrote:Spider cam made me feel sick too but the ref cam made me even sicker. There's only so many times you can see Sir Sinfield's ugly mug up close before you feel the need to hurl!!!!

Ha Ha.. :eusa13: :eusa13: well said..