What a pity he didn't

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: What a pity he didn't

Post by Kittwazzer »

markill wrote:I've long disliked Sinfield. I've thought he was overrated and couldn't appreciate what he really did in a team. He is too poor a defender to be a top tier 13 - he has never really played there very much anyway, its just his squad number. He isn't really elusive enough to be a top level half back and I never thought he was a great passer either. But, and its a big but when you're considering team selection, the guy is a winner and a leader and a leader of winning teams. Of that there is no doubt in my opinion. Over the years he has been integral to a winning Leeds side and it might not be through flashy pieces of explosive play that we all see, but he clearly does something because when he isn't taking charge Leeds don't win as often and when he is calling the shots (even if other players are the ones actually delivering them) then Leeds are a very tough outfit to defeat. None of the other players available for selection offer that (Brough isn't available it seems, plus he isn't a winner). You could say there are other leaders England have in the team but I'd say the team should be full of people with leadership qualities, but none of them have lifted as many trophies combined as Sinfield has alone as captains of their respective teams. And then there is his goal kicking. I think you have to play him. It would be foolish not to. His form is never so spectacular as to say he is the first name on the team sheet, but then have all great sporting captains been the best in the team?
Mark, what you are basically saying is that he is a talisman!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
markill wrote:
josie andrews wrote: It must be a Yorkshite inbred feature, both are ugly :wink:
Although Sinfield is from Oldham...

That's just a technicality!!
Waterhead in fact. Junior team love playing them because you can sing the w***ky w***ky song in the changing rooms! :lol:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:I don't really get where you are coming from with this one. An England team with Sinfield in it is much better than an England team without him.

You have been listening to Stevo too much, SInfield should not even be in the world cup squad never mind be captain.

devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

I have difficulty deciding on a natural position for the lad.He's no half back,hooker or loose forward. his saving grace,if you can call it that is his reasonable kicking ability. He seems more suitable for Union but even this suggestion is open to serious doubt.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

devon jim 1 wrote:I have difficulty deciding on a natural position for the lad.He's no half back,hooker or loose forward. his saving grace,if you can call it that is his reasonable kicking ability. He seems more suitable for Union but even this suggestion is open to serious doubt.

But much too good for that !! :wink: