WHAT A WIN!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Re: WHAT A WIN!!!

Post by warrior till i die »

and who said that wigan wont win because we havent been playing well and because of the odds on saints? I think I have been one person who has said all week that we would win. Lets hope this can really kick us on now.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Today weve seen the best and worse of Newton

First half he gave away 2-3 cheap pens second half he put Cunningham in his pocket and that with a damaged arm.

gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

Just got back from the game and still getting over the result. Going to watch the game to see what Mike 'I hate Wigan' Stephenson has to say.

Even for a complete optimist the lads pulled out a blinder today. Thought Jerome Guisset was absolutely outstanding and deserved MOM for playing virtually full 90mins. Take a bow Guisset you deserve it!

Don't think we will win Monday as too many injuries now, and that game took a lot out of them. We will certainly be top 4 though this year, even without Faz and Carney.

Made the weekend - Well done lads (inc medical team)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan4Ever

Post by Wigan4Ever »

WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL!
SIMPLY THE BEST!!

Have watched the recorded version now - how do you give MOTM to every player cos they all deserved it.

By the way STEVO referred to 'this wonderful Wigan side'!! Either he is ill or we've got him converted at last.
Cherry and White Eyeballs
www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Silver Surfer,
Or in the case of Guisset

Magnifique
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

Against the odds and the form, this was a creat victory. I only hope that the injuries are not too serious.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wigan4Ever posted:
WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL!
SIMPLY THE BEST!!

Have watched the recorded version now - how do you give MOTM to every player cos they all deserved it.

By the way STEVO referred to 'this wonderful Wigan side'!! Either he is ill or we've got him converted at last.
Yeah, I've just watched the video...twice Stevo said "Wigan deserved to win". I was still worried that they'd score at the end though!
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Amazing

superb defense apart from the brief spell in the first half that allowed saints to catch up.

I thought everyone performed well, I thought Newton would make a good leader when we where discussing who should be capt.

The only downside is the cost of the win another 4 players on the injured list to add to our crisis most unlikely to make mondays game. Its going to seem a strange team
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
craigbeck

Post by craigbeck »

Maybe Stevo has got wind of the perception of his anti Wigan comments. All the same what a game, just watched it again on Sky - it's a proud day for any Wigan supporter!

Well done boys

C
:roll:

http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
Today weve seen the best and worse of Newton

First half he gave away 2-3 cheap pens second half he put Cunningham in his pocket and that with a damaged arm.
I was just going to post the exact same thing. The guy is an enigma. I thought he was going to hand the game to Saints by giving away penalties at the end of the first half. He was a liability.

I heard several people use that word to describe him on the concourse at half time and they were not wrong.

Then in the second half he ran the show and was awesome.

Going forward he is great. In defense I cringe every time he gets involved in a tackle!

Dave