Announcement tomorrow?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Announcement tomorrow?

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Heard that Logan is also leaving!!!
I am sure it was mentioned ages ago in the Rumour Mill when discussing Sam's exit that Logon was off to the NZW along with his brother.
Don't remember that far back Dave :wink:

Just heard it was a "tweet" this morning, but I don't twitter anymore, just don't get it for a start & don't like all the backbiting, bullying & threatening tweets that some idiots think is smart & tough while hiding behind daft names!
Can't say I get it either but when things like what have been going on in Kenya occur twitter is often the fastest way such news breaks these days. It's also a very good way around being fed a sanitised version of events as often you just get immediate reaction from those affected.

Then you get the likes of Bobby Goulding making stuff up!

I think it's OK to follow interesting people either in the sport or society in general but why people would want to read random thoughts from me on any topic never mind RL I have no idea.

I suppose you can get into twitter conversations if you respond to say a tweet by the likes of Phil Wilkinson but just as with Facebook I have no idea why I would post anything about my daily life unless there was something genuinely different about what happened.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Apparently Sam's departure deal is the biggest in Wigan RLs history with a return after 3 years!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Matty Bowen signed
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:Apparently Sam's departure deal is the biggest in Wigan RLs history with a return after 3 years!
What a load of tripe! Not your post Josie but the big fee and will return in three years nonsense. Heard it all before when Mossop went.

Who cares about that anyway? Is his return contractually enforceable? No. Just like his cast iron 3 year/5 year deal wasn't.

Who cares how much we get?

Are they going to stick the pile of cash next to the Challenge Cup in the trophy cabinet?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No more signings announced apart from Bowen :exc:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Apparently Sam's departure deal is the biggest in Wigan RLs history with a return after 3 years!
What a load of tripe! Not your post Josie but the big fee and will return in three years nonsense. Heard it all before when Mossop went.

Who cares about that anyway? Is his return contractually enforceable? No. Just like his cast iron 3 year/5 year deal wasn't.

Who cares how much we get?

Are they going to stick the pile of cash next to the Challenge Cup in the trophy cabinet?
Don't know bout a trophy cabinet, but there must be some deep pockets & short arms :wink:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

World record £450,000 for Sam.

Or put another way, 12.5% more than we paid for Offiah over 20 years ago!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Lenegan is a tight @rse, so thats it 1 out 1 in.

It is nice that we can give Sam a send off but all that waiting for what we all knew 3 months ago .........

I was kind of expecting 2-3 signings to be announced.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:World record £450,000 for Sam.

Or put another way, 12.5% more than we paid for Offiah over 20 years ago!
And only £50,000 more than we paid for Fielden isn't it?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »