Game Day

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
blimeycharlie

Re: Game Day

Post by blimeycharlie »

I've been an avid reader for the season and I've read all the "Shane don't know what he's doing" and "Sam's a sell out" comments with skepticism.
SW's an old pro and he's Wigan through and through.
Regarding Sam, why shouldn't he go and pursue his career, like all other cross-coders or NRL movers?
People bleat about salary caps when at least two of the Super League clubs are out of their depths financially and one is dead.
Lets appreciate what these people do and let them reap the benefits. Good luck Sam, you deserve it. Josh will no doubt follow at some stage. Until the sport can sort itself out and get people into the venues, then whatever will be will be.
I'm Wigan all the way now and the word is being spread now. It's already out in Azerbaijan. Can't wait for the boy to come over in a year or so and get into U4's.
On a final point, I'm still a young northerner, but I've been around a bit. Let's lose this inert negativity and assumption that we know everything about everything.
Leave IL and SW alone, let them do what they know and what they can afford to do and get behind the team and the management.
We aren't Yorkshiremen, in 200 hundred years they'll still be bleating about the mines and Thatcher and Scargill and their sisters. let's enjoy life.
Awesome, cherry n white.........
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Our delayed broadcast just ended.

What a roller coaster of emotions that was , I was staring to lose the faith a little but they re set themselves and when the momentum shifted they never let their foot off the throat, Sublime championship quality.

Hope the NRL Grand final is just as fast tonight.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MT Smart wrote:Our delayed broadcast just ended.

What a roller coaster of emotions that was , I was staring to lose the faith a little but they re set themselves and when the momentum shifted they never let their foot off the throat, Sublime championship quality.

Hope the NRL Grand final is just as fast tonight.
Always Keep the Faith :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

So..............
I await the NRL GF to see if history can repeat :sly:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
BriH

Post by BriH »

Now there are three teams I hate:

Wire, Whinos and the Nasties (in no particular order).
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors have now won three trophies in three finals this year.

Challenge Cup, U19's Grand Final & The Super League Grand Final.

Plus we have Wigan Athletic's FA trophy

Not bad for a little town in Lancashire :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

josie andrews wrote:Wigan Warriors have now won three trophies in three finals this year.

Challenge Cup, U19's Grand Final & The Super League Grand Final.

Plus we have Wigan Athletic's FA trophy

Not bad for a little town in Lancashire :)
Not good enough for 'Team of the Year' though, St Helens have been outstanding! :lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Haha brilliant A and L!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

The Super League awards are a complete farce!

Team of the year - no trophies? Ridiculous!

Coach of the year - 1 x league leaders shield ..... What about Wane? 2 x major trophies?

Man of steel - in the team that won the league leaders shield - no major trophy?

The awards that matter are the trophies that are taken home - and you can't do much better than the double! Well done Wane, and all of the real team of the year - including those who kept things ticking over when some key players were out injured! There is MUCH hope for the future of Wigan post Tomkins, Richards and Mossop.