Do we need another prop for next season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Do we need another prop for next season?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I will be amazed if we don' add to the squad.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
mickw wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Flower can be our Craig Smith - Terry O'Connor style prop. He is rough and makes very few errors ball in hand and he makes yards. What we will miss is an X factor style forward, we seem to have a lot of trundle buses who will make yards but we are missing a Hock/Hansen player who hits the gap rather than the man. Farrell can be that player but is easily bullied by bigger packs
we didn,t miss hock last season and is that a different Hanson who hits the gap,because the one we,ve had was not exactly known for his barnstorming runs in fact I would call him a trundle bus.
Hansen was much more than that, he always ran very good lines which put him on the shoulder of his defender he very very rarely ran straight at the man ala westwood style second row. The main strong point to Hansens games was the lines he ran
The strong point to H's game was defence, his ball handling skills were poor as we're his running lines. Having said that he would still be one of the first names on my team sheet. A real club man.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Roosters will test out our props; Moa (far better than when he was here) and Hargreaves are big strong runners and very hard hitting.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
mickw wrote:we didn,t miss hock last season and is that a different Hanson who hits the gap,because the one we,ve had was not exactly known for his barnstorming runs in fact I would call him a trundle bus.
Hansen was much more than that, he always ran very good lines which put him on the shoulder of his defender he very very rarely ran straight at the man ala westwood style second row. The main strong point to Hansens games was the lines he ran
The strong point to H's game was defence, his ball handling skills were poor as we're his running lines. Having said that he would still be one of the first names on my team sheet. A real club man.
Totally agree. He always seemed to crab across the pitch.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:The Roosters will test out our props; Moa (far better than when he was here) and Hargreaves are big strong runners and very hard hitting.
Not to mention F-P Nuasala (the other NZ Kiwi prop !) and Boyd Cordner whose this year played Origin for NSW.
I think this forward pack, size and experience, will be too much for our much-changed team at such an early stage of their development. I make Roosters massive favourites, but then again so were Brisbane when we turned them over with a weakened side.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

wiggydoran wrote:I think we should sign santa as a prop!!!

Think he is a big guy, Lighting Quick (he gets round the world in one night) and he already wears red and white.

But can he kick goals?... :wink: ha...