Wigan Vs Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Wigan Vs Catalans

Post by thegimble »

loyalbelfast wrote:TIP - COPY/CUT/PASTE
TIP then to you TBW when posting -

Its like what it says on an exam paper "Please read the contents fully before answering"

The contents of this post was may I be so forward to remind you about to-nite's match first of all & I brought up what all was said in the radio commentary about this game i.e commentators repeating the words such as 'SHOCKER', 'POOR', 'ERROR RIDDEN' etc...

A&L (just like Belfast!)
Maybe it was about tonight's match but be honest its the same message every time. Bet you were truly gutted when Bowen scored.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

loyalbelfast wrote:listened to it on BBC Man radio, the no. of times i heard the commentators mention the words 'poor' & 'error' (for both sides) was beyond a joke!!

Final comment they made was that the game was a shocker!!!

Will be interested to hear your views if you where at the game... is it going to be a long long (longer) season?

Is the Team devoid of the the X-Factor players(excl. Locks at present.) this club demands & should have! A "basic" pro RL player is not enough when it comes to wearing the shirt.... (albeit an awful designed one at the moment) , honesty,energy & effort is not enough at this level, skill & more skill with the oval ball is what wins games,- end off!!

COME ON WIGAN... WIG...N.....WIG...N!

A&L(just like Belfast)

Went to the match myself but if I had to listen it on radio WISH FM is the best and on line too.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

loyalbelfast wrote:TIP - COPY/CUT/PASTE
TIP then to you TBW when posting -

Its like what it says on an exam paper "Please read the contents fully before answering"

The contents of this post was may I be so forward to remind you about to-nite's match first of all & I brought up what all was said in the radio commentary about this game i.e commentators repeating the words such as 'SHOCKER', 'POOR', 'ERROR RIDDEN' etc...

A&L (just like Belfast!)
When we lose or play poorly, you always post! (Hmmmmm!)

When we win or play really well, you never post! (Hmmmmm!)

You always say we require an X-factor player! (Sam last season, Josh, Lockers, Bowen tonight etc.)

You always say honesty, energy, effort, etc. is not enough! (It helps!)

You said the same many times last year! (We won the double!)

So to save you time for your one post every so often just COPY/CUT/PASTE!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That'll do. I know Matty's still a curate's egg, but he was in credit tonight for mine and he'll only get better. Our best will still be good enough to win something this year.
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

When we lose or play poorly, you always post! (Hmmmmm!)
(Don't lose or play poorly then !)

(I do moderators, will confirm statistics wise!)

You always say we require an X-factor player! (Sam last season, Josh, Lockers, Bowen tonight etc.)

(Actually its more X -factor players (not singular) & i still do)!

(Yes but how does our beloved Team fare in the Super League trophy count wise compared to others - Never be satisfied with second best!)

(Yes but we had mare after mare of games to get there , can't one now comment on these type of games?)

(your comments everytime back to me is COPY/CUT/PASTE I(mmmm...??)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please stick to the post contents not attacks on the poster
Suggest moderators set up a separate forum location for poster to poster personal comments
TrueBlueWarrior

loyalbelfast wrote:When we lose or play poorly, you always post! (Hmmmmm!)

(Yes but how does our beloved Team fare in the Super League trophy count wise compared to others - Never be satisfied with second best!)

(Yes but we had mare after mare of games to get there , can't one now comment on these type of games?)

Suggest moderators set up a separate forum location for poster to poster personal comments
Name me one team in any sport that has never played poorly or been beaten?

Don't wait for moderators you show me your positive posts when we win!!

X-factor playerS? Again, Josh, Lockers, Bowen, Farrell, should I continue?

How does our beloved team compare to others trophy wise? Think you need to read a Wigan RLFC history book, or use the internet and search 'honours'!!

Yes but we had mare after mare of games!! This is the best one yet!! We won the 'Double', bet Leeds, Wire, Stains wish they would have had mare after mare!! :lol:

I think one post every so often is enough for you!!

(Preparing to get my hand slapped)
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
loyalbelfast wrote:When we lose or play poorly, you always post! (Hmmmmm!)

I think one post every so often is enough for you!!

(Preparing to get my hand slapped)
And quite rightly too. It is not for one forum poster to tell another how many times they should post or what their content should be. It is a forum open to all viewpoints!
TrueBlueWarrior

Kitt, I agree with you and will take it on the chin. My behaviour has been exemplary on this forum but sorry I can not read that BS any longer!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mickw wrote:We got out of jail tonight in a similar way to the Bradford game last season we were slow and predictable in attack and they did their homework on us.
Our halves need to up their games and get us going forward with more purpose . We were reduced to aimless kicks on the last tackle something that needs addressing . While the referee was very poor the tries that were disallowed weren't tries for me.
Our attacking options really need to improve if we are to challenge this year.early days yet though
I agree the disallowed tries were not tries. The one on the right wing the pass was forward enough for a quarter back to have thrown it to a wide receiver.

A very poor game punctuated by two bits of class play, Les Cats first try which by anyone's reckoning is a candidate for try of the season and Bowen plucking that one out of the hat to win the match.

What went on in between was absolutely dire.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Kitt, I agree with you and will take it on the chin. My behaviour has been exemplary on this forum but sorry I can not read that BS any longer!!
He didn't post BS though. The commentators reflected what went on at the game. It was a very poor quality game.

I doubt there is anyone who will disagree with that so if he hadn't posted it, someone else would have.

I am glad we won and Bowen punching the air in front of the South Stand as he scored was great to see but that and Les Cats try apart a very forgettable game.