Leigh have a “big name” signing to announce

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Leigh have a “big name” signing to announce

Post by cpwigan »

Well they signed him last night. Crazy IMO.
http://www.leighreporter.co.uk/sport/l ... -1-6980008
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Thanks
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Ive never heard such drivel coming out of a place in all my Life since his signature was announced.

Purely a bums on seats exercise IMO. I do hope it works for them but i wouldnt expect too much game time from the Bloke
And other signings at other club's are not?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Ive never heard such drivel coming out of a place in all my Life since his signature was announced.

Purely a bums on seats exercise IMO. I do hope it works for them but i wouldnt expect too much game time from the Bloke
What drivel? Leigh think they have made a great signing.And for what it's worth so do I.He will do a job for them and also bring experiance to the youngsters.

As for it being a bums on seat exercise.I think that was the general hope that he would bring in more fans.Would have hardly had the same affect had they signed tweedle dum.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

His fitness levels for Tonga in the World Cup were woeful, I would estimate he was on the pitch for just over 20 mins in the first and lucky to be 15 mins in the second half against Scotland at Workington. He ran strong as you would expect of Moi Moi of old, but he didn't appear difficult to put down by players from Championship div 1 & 2 players.
I don't see Moi Moi making as much impact on the pitch as Leigh are maybe expecting and hoping for, although I do hope I am wrong.
What are his ambitions at 35.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Panchitta Marra wrote:His fitness levels for Tonga in the World Cup were woeful, I would estimate he was on the pitch for just over 20 mins in the first and lucky to be 15 mins in the second half against Scotland at Workington. He ran strong as you would expect of Moi Moi of old, but he didn't appear difficult to put down by players from Championship div 1 & 2 players.
I don't see Moi Moi making as much impact on the pitch as Leigh are maybe expecting and hoping for, although I do hope I am wrong.
What are his ambitions at 35.
No different than many others in sport of the same age group if they love playing!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He will get bums on seats id imagine that was why he was signed in which case its a good signing.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:He will get bums on seats id imagine that was why he was signed in which case its a good signing.
Exactly!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Only time will tell, and will be interesting to see.