Dave Whelan and racism ?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Dave Whelan and racism ?

Post by Mike »

Antartica. Very diverse population there.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

platt-warrior wrote:(quote)Exactly, he should keep his mouth shut like like others who know that if you say anything about people of other nations or immigration, they are regarded as racist.

As for England being the less racist place, you must be joking!

Whelan has only shown a example of many English think of others, including other parts of the so called UNITED Kingdom (quote)

Absolute garbage yet again.Your hatred of DW knows no bounds! WW
And your adoration of the man also meets no bounds.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:WW - you ok?
Any facts/real life examples to back up your opinions?
I'm struggling trying to think of a less racist place than England.
Maybe China, India, Russia, America, Australia, Scotland, France, Spain, Wales even?
If there is no racism in our country, why do we have organisations like the BNP, NF, EDL, UDA, UVF, Orange Order etc and now a political party like the UKIP.

Racism exists everywhere including our country!

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Maybe China, India, Russia, America, Australia, Scotland, France, Spain, Wales even?
If there is no racism in our country, why do we have organisations like the BNP, NF, EDL, UDA, UVF, Orange Order etc and now a political party like the UKIP.

I don't recall anyone saying there was NO racism in this country!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Definition of racist in English:
NOUN
A person who believes that a particular race is superior to another:

..... an abbreviation or shortening of a persons origin / Country IMO does not make you a racist.

we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
If there is no racism in our country, why do we have organisations like the BNP, NF, EDL, UDA, UVF, Orange Order and now a political party like the UKIP.

WOW :eusa4: :eusa17:
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Thank You TBW, in my opinion WW sees/reads what he wants.
He gets upsets when people are 'sarcastic' towards him, he realised that he was wrong re. Salford (for example) and takes his admission onto another post.
He treats others with what I consider to bordering on contempt.
Anger management issues perhaps?
This is supposed to be a family site of Wigan fans, is it not?
And by the way WW, my wife is non-EU, our son waas born in a foreign land, I've lived and worked in the developing world since 2005 and I'm leaving Dubai for Iraq tomorrow morning, so don't even go there.

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

And now you know why I have him on my ignore list.If everybody had him on the ignore list he would have no one to argue with but himself.I wonder if he looks in the mirror each day and as an argument with himself.I am all for listening opinion of others but when that someone is so entrenched in the belief that they are correct and are blind to reasoned discussion then reasoned discussion goes out the window.Bigot is the word that springs to mind in that he only believe in his own opinion.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

sc74 wrote:Thank You TBW, in my opinion WW sees/reads what he wants.
He gets upsets when people are 'sarcastic' towards him, he realised that he was wrong re. Salford (for example) and takes his admission onto another post.
He treats others with what I consider to bordering on contempt.
Anger management issues perhaps?
This is supposed to be a family site of Wigan fans, is it not?
And by the way WW, my wife is non-EU, our son waas born in a foreign land, I've lived and worked in the developing world since 2005 and I'm leaving Dubai for Iraq tomorrow morning, so don't even go there.
Nice post

We are a nation of immigrants from way back in history.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I work in the NHS so i know all about PC, and IMO 9/10 its people telling you that something is offensive rather than someone being offended by something!.

Problem is its counter-productive because all it does is create animosity between groups that parties like the BNP thrive on.

The most funny instance ive ever come across though of a PC melt down was i was on an equality and diversity training course put on and hosted by a gay man, one of my colleagues on the course was a devout muslim, top man very interesting to listen to and we could always have a laugh and a joke about belief systems etc. He also loved getting into awkward convos and he asked the gay man leading the group what if someones religion deemed it wrong and immoral for someone to be gay?, the gent leading the session handled it incredibly poorer and was very derogatory against this.

But that's just it being "offended" or being "offensive" is all subjective that's were the problem lies. There is a popular southpark episode which states you can either ban everyone from saying anything the least bit racist/offensive, or you let everything go because effectively there can be no grey area, because is subjective.

All i know is for example i have ginger hair and ive been mocked pretty much my whole life for that, its a running joke on nearly all outlets of tv and nothing is ever said about it, i dont see how this is any different im sure people are screaming at their monitors "ginger people arent a race!" - true - however is not what passes for racism nowadays simply taking an obviously genetic feature colour of skin and mocking someone because of it, i dont see how skin and hair differ in that sense

that said!!, i couldnt give a shiny one about jokes about gingers, because when i was young my dad taught me to laugh at myself and how to take a joke or not care what people think.

to quote an Australian comedian "when did sticks and stones stop being relevant"

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure