wigan camp

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: wigan camp

Post by cpwigan »

KOOCH wrote:I posted on this forum on sunday in defence of young Joe Burgess because whilst I agree his head is already in Australia the team are not helping matters by playing cheap thugby instead of playing rugby.I never mentioned Mr Wane because I have become increasingly frustrated with him for quite some time but did not want to go down the cpw route of always having a go no matter the end result.But it is now time for me to join the Wane must go brigade.I was never a fan of Brian Noble because of his boring style of play.But in all honesty I find the lets smash everbody's head in mentality very boring and predictable.I'm not averse to the odd punch up and have been know to get very vocal when it happens.But how many times must I be putting my head in my hands at every penalty given away for being down right stupid and thuggish.We used to be an exciting team to watch with flowing rugby that delighted my non rugby friends whenever I took them to a game.But how is todays rugby supposed to excite or entice anyone to become a convert to our game if all we are know for is thuggery.For god sake we where all over the damned media for the wrong reasons in October without expounding the image of what people already believe about Wigan Rugby Club. If Mr Lenegan cannot see the cracks appearing then someone should be shouting loudly in his ears. We want the rugby we are accustomed to at Wigan quick flowing rugby. With if needs be (not a priority)a little rough stuff but with the knowledge that you don't win games by fighting every two minutes.Get back to playing rugby and leave the fighting to the boxers and cage fighters.If Wane won't listen Lenegan then get rid.
I never have a go simply for the sake of. It is just the longer Wane is in position the more his limitations become apparent technically and in terms of his pig headed stubbornness.

I wish Wane was brilliant. Nothing would please me more BUT from virtually day 1 when he made the ridiculous statement about thinking he could do better than Madge he has by his own criteria failed despite the quality of the youth players probably being better than when he was a coach at that level. We should IMO be dominant in this era and we are far from it.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

jobo wrote:This thread is a load of b@llocks and some of the assumptions being made are mind boggling.
We've played some truly sweet rugby in the past 4 games and with even a slightly less error rate would have won all 4 easily.
I'd be miles more concerned if we'd done as Sts did against Souths.
As for Bilko mentioning game management, what a joke. How can you even talk about that as a symptom when pro players make as many errors as we do.
Wane is the right man for the job and it's about time that so called supporters start supporting him especially now that things are looking rough.
This so called supporter has probably been a season ticket holder for longer than you have been born. And in being so is entitled to have an opinion on what he thinks is wrong with the present team AND COACH.It is a forum and I will speak as I see and not be one of the forums nodding dogs.SW is taking away every thing that is good in our club for his thuggish believe that smashing everything that moves on a rugby pitch will batter opponents into submission. He is slowly dismantling wigan rl ethics and team through his tunnelled veiw that it is his road or the high road.We will see your veiws in a few months when we lose more of our rising talent and losing games through top players being suspended. My veiw is this cp said it in a nutshell LIONS LED BY A DONKEY.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

superleague wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Shall we all have white sticks to go with that blind faith ? :wink:
It did not take long for one who will never have a white stick to reply, even if everything was perfect.

Jobo is entitled to say what he did without that kind of sacastic comment just because you don't agree with him and from what I have seen on this website never will.
That's quite ironic there WW because your one of the first ones to pipe up if someone says a bad thing about your precious Wane. Wane can do no wrong in some people's eyes because he's a passionate wiganer and he's brought youngsters into the team, I'm afraid there's no sentiment in sport and wane is not the man to take Wigan rugby forward IMO
He is not my precious Wane as you put it, because as I have said on another thread, I have reservations about some of his team selections when we play clubs near the bottom of the table, especially when we are away in the land of the Yorkie's.

Instead of having a petty swipe at me, perhaps you could put forward some valid reasons to Jobo about why you think he is wrong and why Wane should be sacked instead of the usual 'Sack the Coach' when things are not going well.

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

jobo wrote:This thread is a load of b@llocks and some of the assumptions being made are mind boggling.
We've played some truly sweet rugby in the past 4 games and with even a slightly less error rate would have won all 4 easily.
As for Bilko mentioning game management, what a joke. How can you even talk about that as a symptom when pro players make as many errors as we do.
Wane is the right man for the job and it's about time that so called supporters start supporting him especially now that things are looking rough.
I am replying to your post because I have blocked the person who states that you are entitled to your opinion.And he is correct in that if I post something that you disagree with you are entitled to disagree with me.And as for that certain person telling another poster not to be sarcastic.Enough said. Though you yourself think that this thread is a load of Bollocks. We are as supporters are entitled to our opinion just as you are.I have supported Wigan since I was a youngster and that is over 55years.I was there when we got relegated and I was there when the good times rolled.Yes some of us supporters are very fickle supporters who rant and rave at the slightest thing but that is what we as supporters are entitled to do.Your entitled to the view that we have played some sweet rugby.But if what you call sweet rugby is what we have been playing of late.Then my voice will only get louder.It is not about supporting the coach it is about supporting the team. Coaches come and go but Wigan is a god given.I will support any coach who brings the best out of our team of players but I think we have played crap one dimensional rugby of late.If we continue to play like we have of late I genuinely believe we will win nothing this season or next season until something gives.And if that means Wane goes then so be it.If your happy with how we are playing then that is fair enough as I said you are entitled to your opinion as are we who feel that what we are watching is simply not good enough.I also respect Bilko's opinion.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

To be fair, I think all of the reasons why people are unhappy with SW have been voiced numerous times already, on this forum. Here's a few highlights:
1. Talking to press - more like the build up to a boxing match/UFC fight.
2. Playing people out of position.
3. Having no plan B.
4. Not listening to more intelligent/experienced people.
5. Comments about MM.
6. Sending players out looking for a scrap.
7. Losing to make-shift, 2-bob teams like Wakefield.
8. Blaming the players.
9. Being happy with garbage performances.
10. Beating them up in training.

I can't imagine one person from Wigan not wanting him to succeed, but the harsh reality of it is, he is looking out of his depth.
I really hope that I am wrong, honestly. I'd love him to be still be there, winning trophy after trophy in 3 years time.
The reality of it is, probably, that he'll be there in 3 years winning nothing, as IL won't have wanted to pay him off.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

sc74 wrote:To be fair, I think all of the reasons why people are unhappy with SW have been voiced numerous times already, on this forum. Here's a few highlights:
3. Having no plan B.
5. Comments about MM.
8. Blaming the players.

I can't imagine one person from Wigan not wanting him to succeed, but the harsh reality of it is, he is looking out of his depth.
I really hope that I am wrong, honestly. I'd love him to be still be there, winning trophy after trophy in 3 years time.
The reality of it is, probably, that he'll be there in 3 years winning nothing, as IL won't have wanted to pay him off.
AGREE with all of the above.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

KOOCH wrote:
I am replying to your post because I have blocked the person who states that you are entitled to your opinion.And he is correct in that if I post something that you disagree with you are entitled to disagree with me.And as for that certain person telling another poster not to be sarcastic.Enough said. Though you yourself think that this thread is a load of Bollocks. We are as supporters are entitled to our opinion just as you are.I have supported Wigan since I was a youngster and that is over 55years.I was there when we got relegated and I was there when the good times rolled.Yes some of us supporters are very fickle supporters who rant and rave at the slightest thing but that is what we as supporters are entitled to do.Your entitled to the view that we have played some sweet rugby.But if what you call sweet rugby is what we have been playing of late.Then my voice will only get louder.It is not about supporting the coach it is about supporting the team. Coaches come and go but Wigan is a god given.I will support any coach who brings the best out of our team of players but I think we have played crap one dimensional rugby of late.If we continue to play like we have of late I genuinely believe we will win nothing this season or next season until something gives.And if that means Wane goes then so be it.If your happy with how we are playing then that is fair enough as I said you are entitled to your opinion as are we who feel that what we are watching is simply not good enough.I also respect Bilko's opinion.
I'm afraid you've hit the nail fair and square on the head!!
Some people need to look up the meaning of bigotry?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

sc74 wrote:To be fair, I think all of the reasons why people are unhappy with SW have been voiced numerous times already, on this forum. Here's a few highlights:
3. Having no plan B.
5. Comments about MM.
8. Blaming the players.

The competition is weak enough that with a following wind such as injuries to key players from rivals in the playoffs I think Wigan could win something in the next three years and if we do, regardless of how that is achieved, it will be enough for some.

The only way I can see IL showing Wane the door is if we got relegated.

With Wane I am always reminded of that ITV series of a few years ago that followed the championship sides around and had access to the dressing room. It was from a bygone era where shouting louder at the players was the main coaching technique for some of the teams.

At Wigan we have all the technology such as GPS training aids and one of the best conditioners in the business but I get the impression all that technology is sat alongside outdated coaching ideas. I remember last season it was reported Wane was going to "flog" the players in training after one loss and Josh Charnley's column in one of the papers recently referred to how tough the training is.

We had quite a few players missing at times last season due to injuries picked up in training including Lockers and MM. Against HKR Sarginson was missing with dead leg picked up on the "Captain's run" (whatever that is) the day before the match.

We appear to be our own worst enemy at times.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
Shall we all have white sticks to go with that blind faith ? :wink:
It did not take long for one who will never have a white stick to reply, even if everything was perfect.

Jobo is entitled to say what he did without that kind of sacastic comment just because you don't agree with him and from what I have seen on this website never will.
WOW .... you are over protective, are sarcastic / funny comments banned or just the ones you don't like ? Either way ...meh

I don't believe in blind faith and TBH telling me i should support something even though my OWN eyes can see failure will only result in a sarcastic comment !

Past glory can only take you so far, its the here and now that counts. So far the here and now consists of a undisciplined penalty machine called Wigan, now they are either being coached that way or its dissent either way SW needs to correct it and if he cant then someone else must step in. That is how i see things, my opinion is only biased by results, because results matter in this game and at this level.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
superleague

Post by superleague »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: It did not take long for one who will never have a white stick to reply, even if everything was perfect.

That's quite ironic there WW because your one of the first ones to pipe up if someone says a bad thing about your precious Wane. Wane can do no wrong in some people's eyes because he's a passionate wiganer and he's brought youngsters into the team, I'm afraid there's no sentiment in sport and wane is not the man to take Wigan rugby forward IMO
He is not my precious Wane as you put it, because as I have said on another thread, I have reservations about some of his team selections when we play clubs near the bottom of the table, especially when we are away in the land of the Yorkie's.

Instead of having a petty swipe at me, perhaps you could put forward some valid reasons to Jobo about why you think he is wrong and why Wane should be sacked instead of the usual 'Sack the Coach' when things are not going well.

I have put my opinions across before on previous threads about what wane should be doing eg playing a game plan to the players strengths, cut out the stupid penalties, cut out the high risk rugby in our own 20m etc etc, but I was ridiculed as an arm chair coach by some posters on here. Some people either can't see the issues or just God damn deluded