Poor Attendance?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Poor Attendance?

Post by markill »

DaveO wrote:
markill wrote:They announced the crowd at full time. Like they normally do. Maybe people missed it if they left early?
They normally announce it before full time usually to a round of applause. I never leave early and I am certain now they didn't announce it when they normally do.

10k was a good crowd given so few Wakey fans.
I think they only do that when it's a decent crowd nowadays Dave. So on Friday expect an early announcement midway through the second half, but they always say it at full time when they give a score recap.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Sam returns that'll put 1000 on the gate at least.
Wouldn't surprise me also of the season ticket sales broke the 10k barrier.
If Sam did arrive here he would self funding due to the increase in gates, hospitality and sponsorship.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Haha you got to love it on here some people are having little digs at others as not being proper fans, because they didn't know the attendance, belting you couldn't make it up
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

superleague wrote:Haha you got to love it on here some people are having little digs at others as not being proper fans, because they didn't know the attendance, belting you couldn't make it up
Thought the same. I was there sat with southern pie.clapped players off and I never heard crowd attendance for some reason unless Irealy want to know never take any notice so miss most.By the way good to meet you southern pie next time your down drop me a line we will meet up for a drink and chat. :)
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I never heard the attendance until we were in the bar either.
Great to meet you too KITDF. I'm sure we will meet again
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

superleague wrote:Haha you got to love it on here some people are having little digs at others as not being proper fans, because they didn't know the attendance, belting you couldn't make it up
Yes quite agree.I try very hard to attend most games but due to the distance and the fact that I recently became unemployed means that I am not able to attend all the games I would like to.Some on here probably live within a stones throw of the ground so it is easier for them to attend.Some cannot because of work commitments etc.I myself when living in Wigan attended every game but did not have a dig at those who for whatever reason could not make the game.It is very easy for some people to make out that they where at the game just by listening to wish fm as they give a good account of the game and also often announce the attendance figure.If some people have nothing better to do with their time find something else to vent your spleen.I have put more money across the turnstyle than many on here who profess to attending every game.I call a supporter anyone who pays his or hers money and a fan is someone who likes to watch it on tv.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

KOOCH wrote:
Yes quite agree.I try very hard to attend most games but due to the distance and the fact that I recently became unemployed means that I am not able to attend all the games I would like to.Some on here probably live within a stones throw of the ground so it is easier for them to attend.Some cannot because of work commitments etc.I myself when living in Wigan attended every game but did not have a dig at those who for whatever reason could not make the game.It is very easy for some people to make out that they where at the game just by listening to wish fm as they give a good account of the game and also often announce the attendance figure.If some people have nothing better to do with their time find something else to vent your spleen.I have put more money across the turnstyle than many on here who profess to attending every game.I call a supporter anyone who pays his or hers money and a fan is someone who likes to watch it on tv.
I am not worthy gents, your not worthy. We will be category D supporters at this rate :lol:

Absolute garbage isn't it :roll:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
I am not worthy gents, your not worthy. We will be category D supporters at this rate :lol:

I would'nt mind but considering the amount of games these so called self righteous people attend you would think they would know everything there is about rugby.But reading some of the garbage they write I doubt they will ever learn. And if some people take umbrage at what I have written.My answer is tough live with it and stop pontificating to others.
superleague

Post by superleague »

KOOCH wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
KOOCH wrote:Yes quite agree.I try very hard to attend most games but due to the distance and the fact that I recently became unemployed means that I am not able to attend all the games I would like to.Some on here probably live within a stones throw of the ground so it is easier for them to attend.Some cannot because of work commitments etc.I myself when living in Wigan attended every game but did not have a dig at those who for whatever reason could not make the game.It is very easy for some people to make out that they where at the game just by listening to wish fm as they give a good account of the game and also often announce the attendance figure.If some people have nothing better to do with their time find something else to vent your spleen.I have put more money across the turnstyle than many on here who profess to attending every game.I call a supporter anyone who pays his or hers money and a fan is someone who likes to watch it on tv.

I would'nt mind but considering the amount of games these so called self righteous people attend you would think they would know everything there is about rugby.But reading some of the garbage they write I doubt they will ever learn. And if some people take umbrage at what I have written.My answer is tough live with it and stop pontificating to others.
Haha well said kooch
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

superleague wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
cpwigan wrote: I am not worthy gents, your not worthy. We will be category D supporters at this rate :lol:

Haha well said kooch
Totally agree :lol: