Future potential??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Future potential??

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
warrior till i die posted:
we could certainly do with his kicking game. Stand off aint much different from fly half in rugby union. Kick, Pass, Run with ball he could fit in easily.
Tell that to Harris, H. Paul, Jiffy etc.

Do you watch RU? Did you see Wilko's form in the WC?

Ever heard of Carlos Spencer?

Agree Wilko would bring much needed publicity to the game. IMO he would be as successful as Terry Holmes at Bradford.

TH signed for £150,000 as the best scrum half in the world.He was an utter disaster, was paid off and never heard of again.

Wilko wold be the same. His form in the WC wasdire and the drop goal conspired to hide all his faults as regards positioning and creative play.
I never usually defend Union players but in the Case of Wilkinson i feel a lot of people did not realise how much problems he had injury wise going into and during the WC. He carried a niggling injury through the WC and only got treatment after the WC.

Hes awsome defencivly and his kicking game is about the best in either code. His passing game is good and for a stand off is powerfully built.

Its a pity we will never know if he would be a success in League as his injuries i feel will finish his rugby career.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

thegimble posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
warrior till i die posted:
we could certainly do with his kicking game. Stand off aint much different from fly half in rugby union. Kick, Pass, Run with ball he could fit in easily.
Tell that to Harris, H. Paul, Jiffy etc.

Do you watch RU? Did you see Wilko's form in the WC?

Ever heard of Carlos Spencer?

Agree Wilko would bring much needed publicity to the game. IMO he would be as successful as Terry Holmes at Bradford.

TH signed for £150,000 as the best scrum half in the world.He was an utter disaster, was paid off and never heard of again.

Wilko wold be the same. His form in the WC wasdire and the drop goal conspired to hide all his faults as regards positioning and creative play.
I never usually defend Union players but in the Case of Wilkinson i feel a lot of people did not realise how much problems he had injury wise going into and during the WC. He carried a niggling injury through the WC and only got treatment after the WC.

Hes awsome defencivly and his kicking game is about the best in either code. His passing game is good and for a stand off is powerfully built.

Its a pity we will never know if he would be a success in League as his injuries i feel will finish his rugby career.
His injuries during the WC were not responsible for him getting involved in the breakdown all the time and being out of position when the ball was recycled.

He can tackle (we have already established that this is a pre-requesite for a SL player) but the big guys at union run directly for Wilko - they know they are going to get tackled so it might as well be by him, because they have an outside chance of taking him out of the game.

I'll take powerfully built to be overweight - for an athlete - look at the size of his backside - he reminds me of Gareth Chicott!

His place kickng is good as is Farrells, Deacon and many others.

x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Wilky can play………..ohhh there is no doubt about that ! But he has an injury that will re occur all the time… there is no help for a player with a life long shoulder injury !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing