Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bomhead

Re: Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Post by bomhead »

sc74 wrote:
DaveO wrote:
For Deacon to be responsible for our attack being so bad would mean Wane, the head coach, has sat back and let Deacon call the shots all season to the detriment of the teams performance which could ultimately lead to Wane getting the sack.

Oh, yes, Wane is really going to do that!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
we are going to sink fast at this rate that's harris, deacon and our conditioner gone if bitcon goes we will be left with not much brains at all
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:A lot of people on here reckoned that when Harris was here and we were attacking well it was all down to him.
If that was the case then the spotlight should be on Deacon for our poor attack at the moment.
You make a valid point. Werther Wane is fully at fault as Head Coach for the results lately our attack had been horrendous especially away. It could be down to Wanes instructions but we have gone backwards under Deacon compared to Harris.
What absolute nonsense.
And before anyone starts having a pop about i am saying this as he could be going might have a cases i have not looked at it from that point of view before.

No one with an ounce of common sense has.

For Deacon to be responsible for our attack being so bad would mean Wane, the head coach, has sat back and let Deacon call the shots all season to the detriment of the teams performance which could ultimately lead to Wane getting the sack.

So everything is Wanes fault. No one else has helped in taking the best attacking side in SL to an mediocre one in a year. We blame one person whilst the individual paid to be the attacking coach gets away with it.

Seems like a few on here you are happy to shift all the blame onto Wane and no one else. That is a person with a grudge and not an objective point of view. Wane has a lot to be held accountable for but so does all the others.

Easy to blame one person. But under Harris we were a threat under Deacon we are not. Wane was there but lets sweep that under the carpet and blame Wane instead of the COACHING STAFF. Which all needs looking at.

BTW i was also blaming Wane a point you seem only too happy to do so neglecting the fact that under Wane and Deacon we have gone backwards compared to Wane and Harris. But then again facts do not sit well on your agenda.

Also i have ranted recently about Wane so do not even think for a second i do not think he is accountable for what is going but so are all the other coaches. After all its a team game.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

bomhead wrote:
sc74 wrote:
DaveO wrote:

A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
we are going to sink fast at this rate that's harris, deacon and our conditioner gone if bitcon goes we will be left with not much brains at all

cheerleaders and ballboys could be next

** Fixed your reply - Josie
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would dearly love every talented young player, particularly from Wigan play League but lets get real and ditched the holier than thou attacks on players for doing such and the like; PAST and PRESENT!!!

Those turning and taking a negative stance ARE no better (worse in fact) than how Union people turned on the likes of Billy B Et Al for moving the opposite way from Union to League.

Player RIGHTLY look after themselves. In the past our greats went to Aus in the off season, NOW no longer possible. The alternatives are to play Union or coach it OR possibly move to the NRL. Union jobs as players and as a coach are much easier to get.

A short career, an EVEN LONGER life (hopefully)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:I would dearly love every talented young player, particularly from Wigan play League but lets get real and ditched the holier than thou attacks on players for doing such and the like; PAST and PRESENT!!!

Those turning and taking a negative stance ARE no better (worse in fact) than how Union people turned on the likes of Billy B Et Al for moving the opposite way from Union to League.

Player RIGHTLY look after themselves. In the past our greats went to Aus in the off season, NOW no longer possible. The alternatives are to play Union or coach it OR possibly move to the NRL. Union jobs as players and as a coach are much easier to get.

A short career, an EVEN LONGER life (hopefully)
I agree if a player or coach can get more somewhere else then they deserve any chance to go and get it.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

thegimble wrote:
I agree if a player or coach can get more somewhere else then they deserve any chance to go and get it.
Funny how most people in all walks of life, want to get the most money possible.
Someone goes for it in sport and they get harangued.
If Wigan can't pay him what he's worth on the open market, good luck to him.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cant help but feel this dilutes our talent in the backroom further
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: We're reading out of the same book here, he takes the kings ransom and that's it with me too.
With all due respect, do we know what the situation is?
I know for sure I wouldn't like to be SW's coach/assistant/driver/chef etc.

Maybe he sees it that if he leaves on his own terms, then his future is more secure.
I feel sure that with your opinions on anything to do with Wane and our club, the opinion would likewise.

And why should Wigan or indeed any of our clubs have to pay above the odds just to keep a Coach or any a player.

If they prefer to go to the inferior game just for money and not show any loyalty to our game, then good riddance to them as far as I am concerned.

p.s. Carry on sunbathing!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
sc74 wrote:
DaveO wrote:

A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
Not a convenient scapegoat, just another like a few before him who has put 30 pieces of silver before love of our game.

If that is how much he cares about our game, he will not be missed as far as I am concerned.

Another one who has lost my respect, irrespective of how good he was in the past!

I presume that Faz and Jason Robinson lost your respect also. When are you going to realise that all these guys are in it for the money and not for the love of the game or glory!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards