Re: Lenegan not happy with Thornley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Maybe Thornley wanted out ?

Maybe getting fit then being bumped off to Salford when we have players playing out of positions in your position tells you something about the clubs intentions, so you decide to move on ?

Maybe since being injured your monetary situation was affected causing you to struggle in your new home, throw in a baby and the stress becomes even more ..... get fit, cant play, move on !

IL can say what he likes to make him and the club look hard done by!

we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Maybe Thornley wanted out ?

Maybe getting fit then being bumped off to Salford when we have players playing out of positions in your position tells you something about the clubs intentions, so you decide to move on ?

Maybe since being injured your monetary situation was affected causing you to struggle in your new home, throw in a baby and the stress becomes even more ..... get fit, cant play, move on !

Thornley only got moved out to Salford AFTER he had told Wigan he was leaving to go to HKR.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

if the deals where very close like IL has said then I would have stayed at Wigan personally to show loyalty and HKR is a distance from his family. Maybe the deals weren't that similar really who knows - good luck to Ian but he is very injury prone and maybe he knows this and needs as much cash as poss because he will probs be injured again - I can't see him staying on long when our lot get hold of him hahaha

IL didn't really need to make this matter public though but I can see why he is upset
BriH

Post by BriH »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I have no problem with Thornley looking after himself but equally I have no problem with IL giving his honest opinion!!
Correct!!
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I have no problem with Thornley looking after himself but equally I have no problem with IL giving his honest opinion!!
Agreed. I also have no problem with Thornley moving on, all the best at KR but I don't think it's a huge loss.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

No straw damn us wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Maybe Thornley wanted out ?

Thornley only got moved out to Salford AFTER he had told Wigan he was leaving to go to HKR.
Do you know that as fact ?
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

In this day and age players like Lockers being a one club man are coming to an end,players follow the cash,its a short career and they have the right to earn what they can,Loyalty?no such thing now i fear.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I like your response - do you know him? I would be interested to hear his side like
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

in this day and age he could probably sue the club
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

bomhead wrote:in this day and age he could probably sue the club
in this day and age the club should probably send him a bill for his rehab :angry: