Sam out of Test series

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Sam out of Test series

Post by cpwigan »

I am not his biggest fan but IMO Wane/Wigan got it right re Oli and not rushing him. A single game perhaps before his present stint who knows but he will be better for not being asked to play week in week out too soon IMO.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Sarge has been back in training & started running a few weeks ago.

Plus, he is still with us for next season! Beyond that, I think he will move on :(
Josie, you may be right about Sarginson moving on when you look at the decision to promote young Gildart at the business end of the season and before that the fact that there had been ample opportunity to have played him at the time Tomkins was filling the centre positions with Gelling.
Sarge was seriously injured when Joel played centre in his place :)
I know, but my point was that Gildart could have been played in some earlier games to gain experience in the first team rather than throw him in at the business end where thankfully, it was successful.

southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

That's good news if Sarge is likely to be fit for the start of the season. Put him at fullback and he'll do a good job. His speed, fitness and evasive skills have not been put to full use at centre and he could be a great stop gap for the early part of the season so that we're not tempted to rush Sam back too early. If Sam isn't fit for an extended period and Rocky is sent on lone (seems very likely) I still think that we're only a couple of injuries away from real problems.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Vibes are that Sam will be fit for the start of 2016 season.
I also think Sarge will too, just hoping he's not used as much as a prop forward next season as he was last.
It took a lot out of him and he lost a lot of his attacking flair due to his hit ups early almost set of six.
I do think Gildart will be third centre and Tierney replacement full back or wing.
Looking forward to seeing Sam again in a Wigan shirt.