New Sponsor - 188BET

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: New Sponsor - 188BET

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Medlock, some may have well know names like Emirates, Mitsubishi, Typhoo on heir shirts, but I think you find that the sponsorship in terms of money is nothing like that of Football or Union clubs or indeed even 188Bet

Leigh for example have O2 on their shirts, but it is only a branch and not the company at national level.

Anyway, what could be worse than having a controversial company like WONGA on the shirts like Premiership Newcastle United?
We've got one as bad as Wonga. Preditory gambling organisation. Corbyn won't allow it when he sweeps to power.
Sorry, Mike, but many clubs now have betting companies as main sponsors.

And are they any worse than a preditory money lending company getting people into debt?

And why the sarcasm about Crorbyn as he could be swept to power with the increasing number of newcomers with a poor standard of living now flooding into the country. How many of them, for example paid the £2 to participate in the vote which elected him as leader?
Poor fella. Corbyn voted in by immigrants now. Another fact no doubt.

And yes gambling companies are no worse than wonga. And yes other teams have them. Neither points change my argument that it shouldn't be allowed.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote: We've got one as bad as Wonga. Preditory gambling organisation. Corbyn won't allow it when he sweeps to power.

And are they any worse than a preditory money lending company getting people into debt?

And why the sarcasm about Crorbyn as he could be swept to power with the increasing number of newcomers with a poor standard of living now flooding into the country. How many of them, for example paid the £2 to participate in the vote which elected him as leader?

And yes gambling companies are no worse than wonga. And yes other teams have them. Neither points change my argument that it shouldn't be allowed.
Thought it was £3
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote: We've got one as bad as Wonga. Preditory gambling organisation. Corbyn won't allow it when he sweeps to power.

Many would agree, but until the Government ban advertising by them like the smoking and drink industries, clubs will accept sponsorship's from them.

As for immigrants voting Corbyn into power, it is not as daft as you seem to think as in a survey, it was revealed that two thirds of immigrants vote Labour and with more and more coming into the country and given the vote, it could happen.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:An orange and white strip to match the logo, now wouldn't that be awesome.
Hope it's got black piping
Cracking suggestion Meds.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Sorry, Mike, but many clubs now have betting companies as main sponsors.

Many would agree, but until the Government ban advertising by them like the smoking and drink industries, clubs will accept sponsorship's from them.

As for immigrants voting Corbyn into power, it is not as daft as you seem to think as in a survey, it was revealed that two thirds of immigrants vote Labour and with more and more coming into the country and given the vote, it could happen.
Well, its going to be tricky, because they aren't allowed to vote in general elections.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote: Poor fella. Corbyn voted in by immigrants now. Another fact no doubt.

Well, its going to be tricky, because they aren't allowed to vote in general elections.
As long as they are 18, and registered on the voting lists, come from a member state of the British Commonwealth and the Republic of Ireland, they are free to vote in any British elections. Migrants who come from other countries including member states of the European Union can also vote on gaining British Citizenship which can be applied for after being a resident for what I understand is a period of only four years.

Sorry, Mike, but with respect to you, I don't think you are aware of how easy it is for migrants to vote in our country compared to others countries.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Many would agree, but until the Government ban advertising by them like the smoking and drink industries, clubs will accept sponsorship's from them.

As long as they are 18, and registered on the voting lists, come from a member state of the British Commonwealth and the Republic of Ireland, they are free to vote in any British elections. Migrants who come from other countries including member states of the European Union can also vote on gaining British Citizenship which can be applied for after being a resident for what I understand is a period of only four years.

Sorry, Mike, but with respect to you, I don't think you are aware of how easy it is for migrants to vote in our country compared to others countries.
No, those were the reasons why, as I was saying, new imigrants from the EU and the rest of the World can't vote. You have to be here for over 5 years before you can even apply for citizenship BTW, and after the lengthy process to change your status you are then a British citizen, as as such of course you can vote. None of your "wave of recent imigrants" sweeping Corbyn to power will be ready to even apply for citizenship and vote by the next election, even if that was their dastardly plan and we suddenly decided to take in say 20M new people, all intent on voting Labour, and then make them British Citizens all in one go.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Medlock, some may have well know names like Emirates, Mitsubishi, Typhoo on heir shirts, but I think you find that the sponsorship in terms of money is nothing like that of Football or Union clubs or indeed even 188Bet

Leigh for example have O2 on their shirts, but it is only a branch and not the company at national level.

Anyway, what could be worse than having a controversial company like WONGA on the shirts like Premiership Newcastle United?
We've got one as bad as Wonga. Preditory gambling organisation. Corbyn won't allow it when he sweeps to power.
Corbyn reminds me of Michael Foot, who always looked scruffy even when wearing a suit & tie! The 'donkey jacket' at the Cenotaph Remembrance Service ruined any chance of Labour coming to power at that time!
Oh great. Lets all vote for the bloke in the posh suit instead. Bound to be better for us all!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: No, those were the reasons why, as I was saying, new imigrants from the EU and the rest of the World can't vote. You have to be here for over 5 years before you can even apply for citizenship BTW, and after the lengthy process to change your status you are then a British citizen, as as such of course you can vote. None of your "wave of recent imigrants" sweeping Corbyn to power will be ready to even apply for citizenship and vote by the next election, even if that was their dastardly plan and we suddenly decided to take in say 20M new people, all intent on voting Labour, and then make them British Citizens all in one go.
Well surely as the UK has seen net inward migration for years there will still be plenty of new voters each year as they qualify.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Mike wrote: No, those were the reasons why, as I was saying, new imigrants from the EU and the rest of the World can't vote. You have to be here for over 5 years before you can even apply for citizenship BTW, and after the lengthy process to change your status you are then a British citizen, as as such of course you can vote. None of your "wave of recent imigrants" sweeping Corbyn to power will be ready to even apply for citizenship and vote by the next election, even if that was their dastardly plan and we suddenly decided to take in say 20M new people, all intent on voting Labour, and then make them British Citizens all in one go.
Well surely as the UK has seen net inward migration for years there will still be plenty of new voters each year as they qualify.
Exactly Dave O, and as I have stated, no need for any application for qualification if 18, and from a Commonwealth Country or the Irish Republic.

Why does Mike always try to twist things or ridicule other people on any issue of immigration when the future of this country is there for all to see?