Andy Farrell Return

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
georgeorwell

Re: Andy Farrell Return

Post by georgeorwell »

Sometimes you just have to let go! Andy was, in my opinion, one of the Wigan greats as a player and should be remembered as such. However he doesn't have experience as a coach in RL, and in Union he has been a member of a discredited management team responsible for the demise of the England team. Why then, and on what basis, should it be assumed that he would be of value to us at this point? I agree with those who say we should try to get a good, proven coach from the NRL......if possible.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

georgeorwell wrote:Sometimes you just have to let go! Andy was, in my opinion, one of the Wigan greats as a player and should be remembered as such. However he doesn't have experience as a coach in RL, and in Union he has been a member of a discredited management team responsible for the demise of the England team. Why then, and on what basis, should it be assumed that he would be of value to us at this point? I agree with those who say we should try to get a good, proven coach from the NRL......if possible.
Correct, and others in the sporting world would view it as a situation of him being a failure as a Coach in Union, but good enough for what is in their eyes is a poorer game in League

We know better!
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Ha ha; that we do WW, that we do.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

georgeorwell wrote:Ha ha; that we do WW, that we do.
Yeah, we know that he was good enough before he went to RU, but the day after he went he wasn't good enough because he took his family with him. :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
Yeah, we know that he was good enough before he went to RU, but the day after he went he wasn't good enough because he took his family with him. :D
More to do with caring about money for himself and son rather than caring about coaching in our game and providing us with a future International Stand Off and Goalkicker.

If you are happy with that outcome, fair enough, but others are not!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:
More to do with caring about money for himself and son rather than caring about coaching in our game and providing us with a future International Stand Off and Goalkicker.

So he should have considered the feelings of other people (to whom he owes absolutely nothing) before putting himself and his family first? What a bizarre notion.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:

I totally agree WW 100%

I mean what a s@it of a human being, so first he dedicates the best years of his personal health and bleeds cherry and white - then he has the front to take more money to go play an easier game on his already completely broken body. I mean he should of stay here at least another 4 years who cares what his body would be like when he turns 40, he should play out his career and cripple himself for money that will see him most likely need to take on another job once he retires.

As if all that wasn't cheeky enough the scumbag he then GET THIS does what's best for his family! , what a disgusting human, I mean come on looking out for his son and giving him the best life he could at the detriment to the only thing in life that matters WIGAN.

I agree with you I wouldn't want him anywhere near Wigan, I mean when if I have a son I'm going to make sure that if he got the chance to play for Wigan he does it for free and plays when he has broken limbs and everything or I'll disown him and cast him aside

Andy Farrell what a joke :wink:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote: Yeah, we know that he was good enough before he went to RU, but the day after he went he wasn't good enough because he took his family with him. :D

I totally agree WW 100%

I mean what a s@it of a human being, so first he dedicates the best years of his personal health and bleeds cherry and white - then he has the front to take more money to go play an easier game on his already completely broken body. I mean he should of stay here at least another 4 years who cares what his body would be like when he turns 40, he should play out his career and cripple himself for money that will see him most likely need to take on another job once he retires.

As if all that wasn't cheeky enough the scumbag he then GET THIS does what's best for his family! , what a disgusting human, I mean come on looking out for his son and giving him the best life he could at the detriment to the only thing in life that matters WIGAN.

I agree with you I wouldn't want him anywhere near Wigan, I mean when if I have a son I'm going to make sure that if he got the chance to play for Wigan he does it for free and plays when he has broken limbs and everything or I'll disown him and cast him aside

Snigger :wink:
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote: Yeah, we know that he was good enough before he went to RU, but the day after he went he wasn't good enough because he took his family with him. :D

I totally agree WW 100%

Agree 100% How dare he :wink: :lol:

bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

There are some posters on here who I would like to ask the question "How many employers did you work for between the ages of 16 and 35, and why did you move on?" Invariably the answer is "the money of course".
AF is no different, his injuries were showing up after getting hammered week in week out and no real prospect of long term well paid employment at Wigan, what's he supposed to do?.
He could have been propping up Widnes or Salford with the promise of coaching in the future or he could make a financial killing. All players these days are mercenary, Wellens, Roby and SOL being exceptions, heavens above, even Sir Kev has taken the Kings shilling. Farrell knows he got it right, the family comes first.