Easter Monday Fixture!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Easter Monday Fixture!

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I know full well how the football fixtures work!
My problem is you do make assumptions based on no evidence, the classic being tarring all football fans as hooligans based completely on nothing! Perhaps all Muslims are suicide bombers in your book?
As for swiping at you, kettle and pot!!!
Do you, and I have never said that all football fans are hooligans, only that whenever there is a hooligan type incident at a big Rugby League game, more often than not, it could involve football supporters who do turn up on these occasions.

As for the last comment, I have enough sense to know that not all Muslims are not suicide bombers, so why imply that?

As for swiping, was there any need on your part to even question my information about football clubs being paired when others either accepted it as true or not?

Why is it that ever since I give a opinion that football supporters could have been involved in the trouble at the Grand Final, you have jumped in every time I have said anything to do with football?

Begs the question, are you a football supporter to get so intense about what others say about football supporters and the hooligan side of that game?

I go watching football and rugby league, draw what you like from that! But when you step out of line with unsubstantiated comments like the one you made after the GF do you not think you should be brought to task?
As for sniping, you never miss an opportunity to have a dig do you!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Put each other on ignore. No idea who is right/wrong and my guess if you will have to agree to disagree.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:Put each other on ignore. No idea who is right/wrong and my guess if you will have to agree to disagree.
Exactly cpwigan, you either accepted on what I said about clubs in football being paired or you ignored the comments.

I was only trying to be helpful on why both we and the Latic's are sometimes at home on the same day.

Wiil have to be careful what I say in future where football is concerned.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: When Bolton are at home, the Latic's are away and vice versa unless like yesterday when both were at home due to Bolton being in a home cup tie.

Actually, Bolton used to be paired with Bury until the Latic's got into the big time. Bury, I think are now paired with the mighty Accrington Stanley.
Is that so? Or is it just assumption? Can you provide some evidence of what you've stated?
For the record Bury and Bolton still play at home different weeks.
Should be interesting next year when Bury, Bolton and Wigan are in the same division.
Look at the football league fixtures on two successive weekends and you perhaps understand and learn, Bolton and Bury do indeed play as you suggest, but the clubs they are paired up with are away.

No different with the Liverpool and Manchester clubs.

Perhaps, if you spent less time swiping at me about assumptions, you could spend some time learning about how things work!
Whilst accepting your knowledge of Policing at matches far exceeds mine. I do wonder why two clubs from separate boroughs are matched together?

I can fully understand Liverpool and Everton and City and United etc etc but Latics and Wanderers that stretches the credibility a little that the Police couldn't cope with Wigan and Bolton at the same time
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

butt monkey wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: Is that so? Or is it just assumption? Can you provide some evidence of what you've stated?
For the record Bury and Bolton still play at home different weeks.
Should be interesting next year when Bury, Bolton and Wigan are in the same division.
Look at the football league fixtures on two successive weekends and you perhaps understand and learn, Bolton and Bury do indeed play as you suggest, but the clubs they are paired up with are away.

No different with the Liverpool and Manchester clubs.

Perhaps, if you spent less time swiping at me about assumptions, you could spend some time learning about how things work!
Whilst accepting your knowledge of Policing at matches far exceeds mine. I do wonder why two clubs from separate boroughs are matched together?

I can fully understand Liverpool and Everton and City and United etc etc but Latics and Wanderers that stretches the credibility a little that the Police couldn't cope with Wigan and Bolton at the same time
Take a look at the league fixtures each weekend over a two week period and you will see what I mean. In fact it may interest you to know that some of the stewards of both clubs sometime double up at both the DW and Macron and if there is a situation where both teams are at home in mid week games, one is played on a Tuesday night and the other on the Wednesday night for ovious reasons and it has nothing to do with policing.

I know someone who lives in Blackrod who sometimes watches Bolton at home on one weekend and the following weekend watches the Latics depending on who each club is playing. His only problem occurs when both are at home as was the case last Saturday due to Bolton being at home in a cup tie and then if going to a game has to make a decision on which game to watch.

Judging by the lack of replies from most other posters, it would appear that they understand what I had said about clubs being paired.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

You wouldn't be having a snipe by any chance with your last sentence?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote: Judging by the lack of replies from most other posters, it would appear that they understand what I had said about clubs being paired.
Perhaps people aren't that bothered about replying to your hijacking of this thread as it has now gone way off topic!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Judging by the lack of replies from most other posters, it would appear that they understand what I had said about clubs being paired.
Perhaps people aren't that bothered about replying to your hijacking of this thread as it has now gone way off topic!!
Exactly Josie, the majority were not bothered!

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Looks like it's an 8pm start for us v HKR on Easter Monday
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote:Looks like it's an 8pm start for us v HKR on Easter Monday
i hope we get a dry spring as i wouldnt fancy sloppy seconds on that pitch :)