Widnes game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Premium

Re: Widnes game

Post by Premium »

mickw wrote:Let's be honest we've got away with a few results this season , can't fault our effort every week but there's no class players in the team we're desperate for Sam.
That's a fair point ......but to me Sam Tomkins is a link player / runner he is not a creative player

keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I take my hat off to Widnes and Betts. Best attacking side I have seen all season worthy winners by a country mile. Wane is completely clueless with the ability to build a attacking team. Smith well enough said.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Well that where good again, clueless, Gelling, Lockers, Flower and Powell where all superb, Mossop is about as much use as wet bog roll, Matty Smith, nice guy but needs to go, really hope this is Waneys last season in charge, we should replace him with Bettsy IMO
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote:Well that where good again, clueless, Gelling, Lockers, Flower and Powell where all superb, Mossop is about as much use as wet bog roll, Matty Smith, nice guy but needs to go, really hope this is Waneys last season in charge, we should replace him with Bettsy IMO
. . and Sarge?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke wrote: really hope this is Waneys last season in charge, we should replace him with Bettsy IMO
Wow talk about replacing bang average with like for like.

A decent Australian coach with new ideas is what is needed. This "favouritism" and constant playing of players out of position because they are Wane's favourites has to end.

Sarginson at full back?? I say get Bowen back. Sarginson is a utter crap in that position and all his failings are exposed for all to see when he is in such a prominent position as full back
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

We have got a way with very average play since the start of the season. Tonight we have come up against a side with players, some of them we have let go, who have flair and we could not cope with them in the second half. Widnes played us off the park in the second half. Too many handling errors, missed tackling and an inability to change our game plan when we are struggling. Can have no complaints Widnes was the better side.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Josie, there seems to be 2 threads on tonight's game??
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:Well that where good again, clueless, Gelling, Lockers, Flower and Powell where all superb, Mossop is about as much use as wet bog roll, Matty Smith, nice guy but needs to go, really hope this is Waneys last season in charge, we should replace him with Bettsy IMO
Gelling superb? His missed tackle was pathetic and led to the winning try and he wasn't much use for the other one scored on the right. Lockers is a great player but he made some bad errors tonight.

Smith has no idea. I hope Wane didn't needlessly rest Williams. Our attack is blunt without him and not helped by playing Lockers at 6. Why he can't play Powell there who was a half back and draft in one of the Forwards as hooker I don't know.

Personally I don't think any of the team were superb. If one stood out as a cut above it was Gildart.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The scoreline flattered us tonight.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Alarm bells have been ringing since the start of the season, we have scraped through most matches with lots of effort but little creativity.We need a 7, we need a centre and hooker.It is time to ditch Smith, Gelling and Sarginson.Wane has had his chance but has no new ideas so he also needs to go.A good coach from down under is a must but IL will stick with kids and bargain buys and is unlikely to splash out.