Wigan v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Wigan v Hull KR

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So was yours when we won 30-16 scoring 6 tries, introducing another youngster for his debut, giving Tierney more game time, resting players that are carrying knocks, playing players out of position whilst keeping an eye on Friday night!!
Your post was not on topic and abusive to another person which is against site rules.

However, unlike you, I will answer your post. We won a game that we were struggling to win at one stage. A game we should have won EASILY. You do not introduce youngsters simply to say oh we introduce a youngster. Opportunities should be earned. Game time for Tierney? Why? Which players did we rest? Friday is another game, no different to the one tonight or the one after that.

We had a hooker and a fullback on the bench. Do you conceivable accept that is not the norm OR that those position will make our reserves any time after or the players on the bench will be there again for the two players undeservedly selected ahead of them?

Resting players that are carrying knocks ? Who do you think actually needs to be rested? Sarge/a fullback? Powell? or let me see would the props not need rest more OR even better two players who have slogged it out EVERY game, Messrs Bateman and Gelling. Why not risk injuries to those two player so people can say we introduced another youngster for his debut, we gave Tierney more game time. Personally, I prefer our attack is not working great so we are going to put an awful Hull KR team to the sword and get out attack working by giving Sarge another game at FB and Powell another game at hooker to get the most important attackers 7,6,1 and 9 more time to forge a productive functioning attacking heart beat.

Lest we forget. Fans pay money to watch Wigan put out their best team and play the best possible RL. Wait, did the club announce beforehand; we are going to take the P out of you all but we are introducing another youngster for his debut and giving Tierney more game time. So what if the teams attack is missing more than hitting. Fans, your mugs, you will do whatever we say ..
Wow...you really are struggling for things to complain about!! Why don't you go on the Leeds forum you could have a field day on there!!

Just one last thing, did you pay to go and watch?

I did, and thoroughly enjoyed it!! :wink:

Sorry one last thing, promise this time, for you to say my post was abusive after some of your posts in the past is beyond belief, anyway another 2 points in the bag, hope a few players get over their knocks and are ready for Friday!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I daresay you were happy to when we took Hull KR for granted last season too and got our ass kicked out the CC. :roll:

mickh

Post by mickh »

A good win after Friday's effort! That is what a squad is for. I don't know how Gildart won sponsors MOM! That first half he wanted a ball of his own, never looked to the wing, I would have put Charnley, Gelling and two or three of the forwards before him. Good game from Charnley, he made two of his tries by himself, the last one a superb effort to break out of a tackle. Well done that man! + I think we have solved the goal kicking problem in Charnley, I know he missed three but he hit the post with one, and scraped paint off the posts with the other two. A very good result, hope the injury's are not too serious.

Mick
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I agree with your point on Sarginson/Tierney.

We need consistency at 9,6,7,1. Wrong move bringing Tierney back in here.

Sarginson actually came on at 13!!! Unbelievable. However, it was a forced sub as Bateman went off with concussion which wouldn't have been the plan.

At a point in the second half he took Tierney off and had Sarginson at full back but I think that was down to performance as Tierney was poor again.

Sarginson actually finished the game at centre though when gels went off in the final ten.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

MOM are pointless Mick; just a sponsors exercise and shared around.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:I daresay you were happy to when we took Hull KR for granted last season too and got our ass kicked out the CC. :roll:
No we lost, tonight we won! Are they really comparable?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I daresay you were happy to when we took Hull KR for granted last season too and got our ass kicked out the CC. :roll:
:roll: Yes
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I reckon that's one defeat in our last 14 Easter fixtures. We manage this period very well.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
TrueBlueWarrior

Shaun1967 wrote:I reckon that's one defeat in our last 14 Easter fixtures. We manage this period very well.
No we don't, we took the p out of our fans again tonight by scoring 6 tries and winning!! :wink: :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
:roll: Yes
Behave cp.... :wink: