Rumour - Is Gleeson coming to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson co...

Post by MrsLam »

pienear posted:
Still dont like the idea of having a cheating aussie pseudo scouse on our side. I think that he will bring a lot of dirty laundry with him. Can you really believe that the stains would sack him for just 'swearing'. IMHO the real reason has been buried. Just hope it doesn't reappear for us. As for Scully, Gleeson, Long etc - I.M. likes to have his little clique of blue eyes around him so it stands to reason that he will try to bring in his buddies. just hope he doesnt try to get the cherry hoops changed to a V. As it is he seems to have the board nicely under his control already do you never know....

PS I never did like his cheating tactics - I have been told that he is a firm believer in hitting kickers off the ball and used to give hooper the job of taking out Lam by all and any means..... nuff said.
Not at all, I don't believe for one minute that is the reason. We've all read on here the full list of so called excuses for being sacked, but I think there's more to it. I just hope he learns to keep his mouth shut a bit more at Wigan. My mum was telling me yesterday that the saints fans are saying Wigan had signed Millward up ages ago, and what better way to get out of his contract than to be intolerable for the last few months...ERM haven't we been telling them for the last 5 years that he is intolerable?! Talk about paranoid.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pienear posted:

PS I never did like his cheating tactics - I have been told that he is a firm believer in hitting kickers off the ball and used to give hooper the job of taking out Lam by all and any means..... nuff said.
I do hope he doesn't bring in the Hooper/Fozzard/Mason brand of thuggery to the club.

Having said that, other clubs have been getting away with taking out the kicker for ages, and it's something we've never really done under any recent coach.
If you can't beat them, join them?
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

wiresphs posted:
:lol: If you would like to see some "SAD INDIVIDUALS", then go back a couple of days on "THIS VERY MESSAGE BOARD"! And take note of all the Wigoon fans that were kicking up fu** that the "EQUIVALENT OF ALEX FERGUSON" as you so eloquently put it, was even being mentioned in the same breath as your "ONCE" great club! "Quote" FICKLE - meaning = "WIGOON FANS"!
"Oh yes",i will show you sad, What on earth does "IMAGINGE AND IOMAGINE" mean sonny jim, Sad is obviously the level of education in the Wigoon area, "THATS WHAT SAD IS GIMBLE"! :lol:
Do Warrington have their own fans message board as you are spending alot of time concerning yourself in things that are none of your business. Are you a secret PIE.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

wiresphs wrote
Fair comment", But Briers signed in 1997, Gleeson signed in 2004, there is a Seven year gap inbetween these signings, hardly a sign of trying to "INHERIT" success im sure you would agree!
I certainly have no recollection of Warrington trying to obtain success by any means whatsoever.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doc Warrior posted:
Arent you all overlooking something.IW has to get passed Chairman Mo yet.

Its been constantly said on this site that he is the one who picks the players to sign so dont count any chickens yet and certainly dont listen to the BS rumours flying about.

Certain persons on this thread are falling for the 3 card trick with illward hes said that he doesnt care about whichM club he signs players from and what there history is, hes started his mind games already and the arses of some other speccies and chairmen are starting to twitch

Brilliant! :)
Just thinking that IM would be our coach 3 months ago would have got our arses twitching.

In the Express today 2 players who are out of contract at the Saints this season are Darren Albert and Jason Hooper. I would not be shocked if he did get one of them just to piss off the Saints board.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
In the Express today 2 players who are out of contract at the Saints this season are Darren Albert and Jason Hooper. I would not be shocked if he did get one of them just to piss off the Saints board.
With the rumours of Carney going Down Under soon, maybe Albert would be an interesting acquisition. Having him and Dallas on the wings interests me a bit. Hooper is over-rated in my opinion, a dirty player who wouldn't add much to our team if Danny Orr was fit and settled.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:
With the rumours of Carney going Down Under soon, maybe Albert would be an interesting acquisition. Having him and Dallas on the wings interests me a bit. Hooper is over-rated in my opinion, a dirty player who wouldn't add much to our team if Danny Orr was fit and settled.
Agreed...I've always thought Hooper a thug (and not just because he plays for Saints!)
An even more interesting thought, if Carney stays, is playing him at centre inside Albert.
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

:D "Evening Gimble"! So, a pie eating Taff? Well it just gets better and better! The only race of people, (with the exception of good old English Scousers), that proceed to immerse you in saliva every time they open their mouths! If you can find another half a dozen of your sort, you might be able to form a qhoir in an attempt to get some sort of atmosphere at the JJB."While we are at it"! Been a Wigger. What on earth does "been a Wigger" mean? For your information higher education is not only available to people fortunate enough to be born in the Warrington area, why dont you give it a try, you never know it could enable you to further your elocution and thus widen your vocabulary, you should not allow other peoples higher level of education to offend or upset you! Education is never wasted, you should remember that the next time you are serving up a tasty Big Mac meal to somebody. "Think your cool"? I presume that you mean, "think you are cool"? Well i happen to be of an age where i neither "think nor want", to be cool as you put it."An idiot that needs to go back to elemantary scholl"! Your pals on the Pie Eaters board must be cringing at this moment! I presume you mean, "an idiot that needs to go back to elementary school"? Well i neither came from nor would appreciate going to an elementary school! (Not that there is anything wrong with these establishments). I am beginning to think that it would be entirely feasible to compose a hugely amusing book on, "Gimble cock-ups"!(A best seller for sure)! After a great deal of deliberation, i am inclined to agree with you on something Gimble, "education can indeed be wasted on certain individuals"! If i were you, i would stick to Welsh, Wales and everything that comes with it, "the booming qhoirs, the luscious valleys and its worried sheep"! :lol:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

wiresphs posted:
:D "Evening Gimble"! So, a pie eating Taff? Well it just gets better and better! The only race of people, (with the exception of good old English Scousers), that proceed to immerse you in saliva every time they open their mouths! If you can find another half a dozen of your sort, you might be able to form a qhoir in an attempt to get some sort of atmosphere at the JJB."While we are at it"! Been a Wigger. What on earth does "been a Wigger" mean? For your information higher education is not only available to people fortunate enough to be born in the Warrington area, why dont you give it a try, you never know it could enable you to further your elocution and thus widen your vocabulary, you should not allow other peoples higher level of education to offend or upset you! Education is never wasted, you should remember that the next time you are serving up a tasty Big Mac meal to somebody. "Think your cool"? I presume that you mean, "think you are cool"? Well i happen to be of an age where i neither "think nor want", to be cool as you put it."An idiot that needs to go back to elemantary scholl"! Your pals on the Pie Eaters board must be cringing at this moment! I presume you mean, "an idiot that needs to go back to elementary school"? Well i neither came from nor would appreciate going to an elementary school! (Not that there is anything wrong with these establishments). I am beginning to think that it would be entirely feasible to compose a hugely amusing book on, "Gimble cock-ups"!(A best seller for sure)! After a great deal of deliberation, i am inclined to agree with you on something Gimble, "education can indeed be wasted on certain individuals"! If i were you, i would stick to Welsh, Wales and everything that comes with it, "the booming qhoirs, the luscious valleys and its worried sheep"! :lol:
Ok so we've once again insulted a member of the board. Is there any other reason you're on here? Please talk rugby league and let's all leave the personal comments out.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:

Ok so we've once again insulted a member of the board. Is there any other reason you're on here? Please talk rugby league and let's all leave the personal comments out.
As I said after his first post...don't feed the trolls. They're not that hard to spot.