Castleford tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robbobillinge

Re: Castleford tonight

Post by robbobillinge »

Thoroughly enjoyed last night. All played well despite Bentham. Met a mate of ours from Castleford who now lives in Southport after the match for a pint. He reckoned they had been "Benthamed". You always know how bad the ref is when both sides are complaining. Looking forward to watching it on Wigan TV

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Great to see Charnley, Sarginson, Tautai and Tierney playing well after all the adverse criticism they have had from some.

And on last nights limited performance, we have badly missed Crosby at Open Side Prop.

As for Bentham, a pity he has 'ham' on the end of his surname as without it, it would sum him up perfectly!

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I shall bite as i find it rather annoying that when we lost it seems there is 100s of comments about how smith is rubbish, however when he has a very good game (and he did) no one mentions it.

I think our halves worked very well last night better than i was expecting under the circumstances. Only fault i had with smiths game was how short some of his penalty kicks were when we were in our own half(was this intentional though?)

My question is! If smith can play like he did last night whats stopping him doing it consistently?

I also have a new found dislike of Gale after last night with how much he milked everything i thought i was watching a premier league footballer and not a half that was unluckly to not get a game for England last year.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A win is a win; Bentham bad both ways.

if fans criticising Smith makes him play better; carry on. The senior players deserve some grief for their efforts pre/post virus.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Big well done to all of them and especially Matty Smith after all the flack he took last week. I do wish we could clone John Bateman - just brilliant
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Caboosegg wrote:I shall bite as i find it rather annoying that when we lost it seems there is 100s of comments about how smith is rubbish, however when he has a very good game (and he did) no one mentions it.

I think our halves worked very well last night better than i was expecting under the circumstances. Only fault i had with smiths game was how short some of his penalty kicks were when we were in our own half(was this intentional though?)

My question is! If smith can play like he did last night whats stopping him doing it consistently?
I thought he was less than average first half he got caught twice again on the 5th as the recognised half that's schoolboy. How many of our tries did he create last night? Second half first time in Cas 25 he managed to hit Joel on the back with a ten yard pass and lose us possession, It was an improved performance from him his kicking in general was much better and he defended well. Second half he started to run along the line and boss the team around the park, that's what he needs to do.
I think it's fair to criticise his performance he's a Wigan 7 I expect a very good player to fill the shirt, with one try and two assists in 11 games I do worry.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote:I shall bite as i find it rather annoying that when we lost it seems there is 100s of comments about how smith is rubbish, however when he has a very good game (and he did) no one mentions it.

I also have a new found dislike of Gale after last night with how much he milked everything i thought i was watching a premier league footballer and not a half that was unluckly to not get a game for England last year.
He doesn't do it consistently because he's rubbish, all players have good games what separates the good from the crap is the good do it every week

I mean I've watched games where travis burns looked like a state of origin player
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jao711

Post by jao711 »

There were some excellent performances last night especially under the circumstances.The props were all great,and really set the platform for top games from Bateman,Sarginson and Charnley.The youngsters all stood up(Gregson's dummy fo his try was a blinder)..Smith. Kicked well all night peppering Hampshire with bombs.(Rocky coped very well with them).But overall it was about big hearts and sheer guts and we didn''t panic after that very dodgy "try".
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

That is what separates bad to average, average to good and good to world class, all about the consistency!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Don't worry about the 2 knock ons before the try it wasn't a big game!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett