WANE ,S

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: WANE ,S

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:I think it's IFL at the root of the problem. I think he is forcing Wane down a cheap as chips squad. I remember a few years back watching Wakefield and thinking they should not be in super league. That Wakefield team are better than the current Wigan team. Super League standards have declined drastically in the last decade and the decline in Wigan is even greater.
Not sure this is the full issue as Leneghan does not train and select attacking structures which have been a worsening issue since Madge departed.
It may not be the whole issue but it is a major part as the Wigan squad has deteriorated rapidly since Madge left and I don't put all that at the door of Waney.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:I think it's IFL at the root of the problem. I think he is forcing Wane down a cheap as chips squad. I remember a few years back watching Wakefield and thinking they should not be in super league. That Wakefield team are better than the current Wigan team. Super League standards have declined drastically in the last decade and the decline in Wigan is even greater.
I totally agree with that as I've said it myself on here before.
Me too.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Not sure this is the full issue as Leneghan does not train and select attacking structures which have been a worsening issue since Madge departed.
It may not be the whole issue but it is a major part as the Wigan squad has deteriorated rapidly since Madge left and I don't put all that at the door of Waney.
I have always thought IL listened to Wane on signings bar the returnees from the NRL.

On that score I feel IL thinks he has a point to prove to fans about his so called policy of letting players go without a fight because they will come back. So when they are available they get signed whether we need them or not or whether they still look any good.

However even if he does this I am always reminded of when Mo Lindsay signed Botica when John Monie wanted Phil Blake. Monie just had to accept the chairman's signing and get on with it. So does Wane now.

Outside of signings the chairman makes such as Sam and Joel T and Mossop I think Wane is listened to by IL.

If Wane says young players will cut the mustard, IL lets him promote them in my opinion. Signings such as Luaki, TT and Isa are also in my opinion Wane inspired.

Shaun Wane doesn't strike me as someone who won't say boo to a goose so if he feels handicapped because it's IL saying he must play the kids I think he'd say so. If he is keeping quiet all he is doing is flushing his career down the toilet as Wigan get worse and worse under is rule.

He'd be better off looking for another position if his hands are so tied by the chairman but I don't think they are. I think he wants to play the kids and has an over inflated opinion of good they will be. A bit of a Roy of the Rovers syndrome where he thinks they are going to rip it up and he will get the credit for being such an astute coach for going with the home grown talent.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think Kris Radlinski needs to up his game to be fair.

Not too sure if IL will put the money up should a top player become available but to be fair to him, he paid out a lot of money for Gleeson and Sam, so maybe nowadays, he's being badly advised. As to whether it's Wane or Radders who's doing the advising, that's anybody's guess, depending on who you talk to.

Personally, with the option of Hampshire not working out and especially with this being known last year, we should have moved for a top halfback.

There's still the rest of the season to go however and as the returnees gain match fitness think we are still in with a chance of silverware but it's going to be a tough ask, especially if Cat's and Wire can keep their injuries to a minimum.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Hampshire is Not being retained by Castleford, they will not ask to retain him at the end of the season.

Told 2 NRL players will be here next year possible Bengi Marshal or similar & another player. Rads is in Australia I was told by a good informant 2 weeks ago.

Only a rumour, but maybe could Crosby be an exchange deal mmmmmmm

IL is no fool, and knows something has to be done, as crowds mean CASH. mmmmmmm
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think IL paid top, top money to ensure Sam T came back to Wigan. Reportedly £200k transfer fee to NZW and then far more than that for his salary.
Also Mossop it is suggested is on big money as is Joel.
The latter two were seen as investments I'm sure in that they were quality players returning who would provide their quality game. Their quality game hasn't returned with them, yet!

I do think Shaun, IL or Rads have to explain why, after saying we are too small after the Roosters game, we haven't gone out and brought in big men. We have lost two in Taylor and Thornley both who are 6'4" and no one of that build has been signed.

Last Friday we faced a Hull front row where all four of their props are 6'4" or thereabouts. We need to address this problem asap.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote:
So why then do you claim Scott Taylor left simply because he supported Hull as a lad in another thread?

Stop with your constant misinformation about his circumstances Josie. You constantly tell us all that your are "in the ear" of the players so how about you ask Scott himself, in person? He is a decent bloke, no pretensions and if you ask a simple question will not give you a fobbed off excuse. So ask him!!!

After Taylor's first season at Wigan was so good, Wigan decided to offer a new contract. The problem was that the club added an extra year BUT at almost half his money. He refused to sign. Wigan then placed him on the "outer" and he ended up at Salford for a season seeing out the last year of his contract.

Taylor is a professional player and plays for whomever offers the most money (and also chance of success of course).

Wigan now have the attitude that playing for Wigan should mean more than money - hence why players are leaving as they are doing. They are being offered lower wages.

Josh the latest!!!!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote:Hampshire is Not being retained by Castleford, they will not ask to retain him at the end of the season.

Told 2 NRL players will be here next year possible Bengi Marshal or similar & another player. Rads is in Australia I was told by a good informant 2 weeks ago.

Only a rumour, but maybe could Crosby be an exchange deal mmmmmmm

IL is no fool, and knows something has to be done, as crowds mean CASH. mmmmmmm
Radlinski was at the Fans Day yesterday
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
So why then do you claim Scott Taylor left simply because he supported Hull as a lad in another thread?

Stop with your constant misinformation about his circumstances Josie. You constantly tell us all that your are "in the ear" of the players so how about you ask Scott himself, in person? He is a decent bloke, no pretensions and if you ask a simple question will not give you a fobbed off excuse. So ask him!!!

After Taylor's first season at Wigan was so good, Wigan decided to offer a new contract. The problem was that the club added an extra year BUT at almost half his money. He refused to sign. Wigan then placed him on the "outer" and he ended up at Salford for a season seeing out the last year of his contract.

Taylor is a professional player and plays for whomever offers the most money (and also chance of success of course).

Wigan now have the attitude that playing for Wigan should mean more than money - hence why players are leaving as they are doing. They are being offered lower wages.

Josh the latest!!!!
Get off my case for Gods sake! I've never ever said I'm "in the ear" with the players. I repeated what I have been told that's all!

I'll tell you what, you can shove your effing forum up your arse & the fecking sponsorship too!

I try my best on here but guess what, my health & Stephens now come before this forum & the bloody rugby!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Like I said, it was 2 weeks ago I received the info, so he was there at the time or had been.