Says it all really

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Says it all really

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Stuwigan wrote: Stu, how can our attack look after itself, it's the worst try line attack in the whole of Superleague.
We are shocking at attacking the opposition try line, quite often after some ball breaking efforts by our forwards and some of the backs to get us near to the try line.
Do you think our attack is good?
Its been mentioned about Wigans attack since the GF 2013 has been poor ok

2014 - A new full back in Mango who could not fit into the plays that Wigan did with Sam as fullback. Mango was a legend in the game but his style did not suit Wigans way they play. Also we a long injury to blake green who when he came back was not the same player as many have said on here.

2015 - Same fullback in Mango who changes his game to try and suit Wigan and did have some good games for us but a new inexperienced standoff in Williams and with Matty formed a new half back combination.

2016 - So far Wigan have not had a game with the Key players in the right positions in the squad, Williams been injured for a long period and Wigan have not played with a settle half back pairing for most of the season.

As players return they will start to gel and play better ( I hope ) last week against Hull was the one of a handfull of games Wigan had out preferred standoff and scrum half pairing.

I agree Wigans attack is not how it could be but only time will tell if this changes as the players get to play week in week out and begin to gel again.

We are only 2 points off being in the top three in SL even tho Wigan are not playing well so it does say alot about the game tho if that is the case. We should by rights be lower in the table but thats how unpredictable this years SL is.[/quote]

I'm concerned about our goal line attack Stu, as there appears to be little change in how it's carried out, therefore little doubt in the opposition mind as to any (few) options were using against them. This has been irrespective of whichever players we've used in the half back pairing.
Even with us returning to a stronger fully fit squad, I don't think this is sufficient without changes being made to our line attack style to cast doubt into the oppositions minds.