latest bateman rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: latest bateman rumour

Post by DaveO »

yokozuna wrote:
thegimble wrote:
stevo38 wrote:Hearing Bateman banned from all rugby activities including training and wages stopped for 4 weeks police investigation will be concluded as neither person pressing charges
Thought it was against employment law to punish a person whilst under police investigation.

Could give a person a case in a tribunal due to process.
Think he's saying that there's no further police investigation, due to no charges, and I assume, no additional evidence. So it's just a club matter now.
If there are no charges from the police they either have no evidence of a serious offence or the evidence they do have is for something not worth taking further.

The police will act on any evidence according to what evidence they have, such as letting off with a caution or if there is evidence of a serious offence pressing charges.

If the police have dropped the case because it wasn't a serious offence or have insufficient evidence of a more serious offence, how come Wigan think they know better?

If the police say "no case to answer" and Wigan say there is, why don't Wigan hand the evidence over to the police?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO I would take this as: If the Police have concluded their investigation and found insufficient evidence to proceed any further, then Wigan are simply imposing their own disciplinary procedure upon Bateman.

How serious the incident was will have all ready been revealed if the Police are not taking things further, so surely this is a mountain out of a molehill??
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

DaveO wrote:
yokozuna wrote:
thegimble wrote: Thought it was against employment law to punish a person whilst under police investigation.

Could give a person a case in a tribunal due to process.
Think he's saying that there's no further police investigation, due to no charges, and I assume, no additional evidence. So it's just a club matter now.
If there are no charges from the police they either have no evidence of a serious offence or the evidence they do have is for something not worth taking further.

The police will act on any evidence according to what evidence they have, such as letting off with a caution or if there is evidence of a serious offence pressing charges.

If the police have dropped the case because it wasn't a serious offence or have insufficient evidence of a more serious offence, how come Wigan think they know better?

If the police say "no case to answer" and Wigan say there is, why don't Wigan hand the evidence over to the police?
Dave
Honestly?

Those last 2 paragraphs?
I know your replying to someone who's saying police have concluded and no person pressing charges but to have a pop at the club based on hearsay?
I haven't seen anything to suggest that the police have concluded their enquiries has anyone else?
Statements like how come Wigan know better when you and I don't know what the police or the club are doing is poor fare for me.
How do you know they've stopped his wages? How do you know they have evidence etc and should hand it to the police.
I'm 100% certain they'll be doing things by the book legally for the long term benefit of the club and the players involved.

I've been told by a couple of people what happened and I believe them as these people are close to club in numerous ways. I had the first phone call from someone at 9pm ish the night it was happening.
I hope they're wrong, I won't judge anyone until it becomes fact.
But I also won't have a pop at the club or management for not releasing statements about what may or may not have happened until full legal and employment matters are considered and due process is done.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Why don't you all give it a rest while the Police and the Club are conducting their investigations into the matter.

The more you keep on about it, the more you are making ammunition for supporters of other clubs and the media to fire at Wigan.

The town gets enough bad publicity as it is without people going on about a incident they know little or nothing about what actually happened.

The Club are doing right by just saying that the matter is under investigation both by the Club and the Police and will no doubt will take the appropriate action depending on any decision by the Police and the CPS.
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

a couple of things to mention

wigan players went to haydock park

too much beer

wigan after in taxis

fights

glass

thats all i can say
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

To lose him would be gutting because he's such a fantastic player but one thing is for sure- If the club feel the incident is strong enough to get shut then I'd back them 100%. They aren't going to get rid of a player of that class unless it is fully warranted and they have no other option.

They need to get their act together though and sort it out. It's doing the club no good letting it drag on. If he's suspended then let people know and provide some details. The rumors have grown arms and legs and that the clubs fault.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Why don't you all give it a rest while the Police and the Club are conducting their investigations into the matter.

The more you keep on about it, the more you are making ammunition for supporters of other clubs and the media to fire at Wigan.

The town gets enough bad publicity as it is without people going on about a incident they know little or nothing about what actually happened.

The Club are doing right by just saying that the matter is under investigation both by the Club and the Police and will no doubt will take the appropriate action depending on any decision by the Police and the CPS.
Well said. I know whats happened but ill never say it on here or sm
IN WANE WE TRUST
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am told that the League Express will be reporting that he is suspended for a month.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

muffinman wrote:a couple of things to mention

wigan players went to haydock park

too much beer

wigan after in taxis

fights

glass

thats all i can say
Are you the Muffin Man who comes from down our way? :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I am told that the League Express will be reporting that he is suspended for a month.
That was on facebook friday night so its hardly a "hold the front page" type expose is it?