Budgie

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Budgie

Post by josie andrews »

Ten Facts: Joe Burgess

Earlier today Wigan Warriors announced the re-signing of England international Joe Burgess. The flying winger needs little introduction to Wigan fans but here’s a reminder of the player we’ve signed for next season.
Made his Wigan debut on 2nd August 2013 in the Super League win over Hull KR at the DW Stadium, heritage number 1050

A product of the Wigan Academy, he played as a junior for Ince Rose Bridge ARLFC

Broke into the Wigan team in 2014 when he scored 25 tries in 27 games

Named Wigan Young Player of the Year after remarkable first year in the first team

Handed the famous Wigan number five jersey ahead of 2015, went on to play 29 games and score 26 tries for the Cherry and whites

Named in the 2015 First Utility Super League Dream Team

Played and scored in two First Utility Super League Grand Finals for Wigan Warriors in 2014 and 2015

Made a try-scoring debut for England against France in October 2015, played a further two times for England in the three-match series against New Zealand

Returns to Wigan Warriors in 2017 after one year in the NRL with Sydney Roosters

Has played 58 times for Wigan Rugby League Club scoring 52 tries

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... 7MeCvC7.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

Welcome back Joe, we have missed you :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If you take a look at the picture I posted earlier on this thread, I was always confident Joe would come back.

I wore that shirt at Langtree Park for the WCC between St Helens & Sydney Roosters. And I kept insisting that Budgie was 'On Loan' only

I am very happy, another young player I've followed from being a young lad at Bridge & in our academy.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Joe will be joining South Sydney Rabbitohs for the rest of the season until his return to Wigan.

http://www.rugbyam.co.uk/articles/news/ ... of-season/
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Crap.

Another poor player returns back. Just like that crap full back Sam Tomkins. Should have signed Patrick Ahvan our best player last night that last ditch pass to stop a Widnes try to Gelling was great.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:Crap.

Another poor player returns back. Just like that crap full back Sam Tomkins. Should have signed Patrick Ahvan our best player last night that last ditch pass to stop a Widnes try to Gelling was great.
Haha, yes Gimble. Ah Van was head and shoulders our best player last night! :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Josie, are you sure Joe didn't play for Pats at U3?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Great news Joe is returning.
I was disappointed when he went to Aus and now delighted he's coming back to Wigan.
He surely has the potential to be one of the best wingmen Wigan have ever had.
Many have likened him to Offiah but he reminds me more of Trevor Lake. His length of stride is deceptive and he is far faster then he appears at times. Until, that is, someone tries to catch him.
Great work by the club all round, well done them!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kittwazzer wrote:

Haha, yes Gimble. Ah Van was head and shoulders our best player last night! :lol:
Take the piss out of him all you like, he made more metres than anyone in a Wigan shirt last night and makes less mistakes than some of our own untouchable players on a weekly basis
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

Take the piss out of him all you like, he made more metres than anyone in a Wigan shirt last night and makes less mistakes than some of our own untouchable players on a weekly basis
And he was 100% in his kicking last night.