Panchitta Marra

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Re: Panchitta Marra

Post by medlocke »

God wrote:I'm not sure on Greek owners but Atkinson's has a substantial sit down area near Nelson Street. Chippies in Morecambe are very few and far between.

The standard of fish is poor and nowhere near as big. A lot of the fish nowadays would have been used for scraps 10-15 years ago.
I'm going back to the late 70's, it was one shop in from the corner, probably changed owners and expanded now by the sounds of things
doc

Post by doc »

There used to be a good chippy in Kirkby Stephen on a corner on the right as you drove thru' the village from the M6. Not been up that way for years, is it still there?

The best chippy in Wigan at the moment has to be the Seven Seas that opened on Wigan Lane, opposite The Millstone last November. Excellent fish and chips and do haggis as well!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Believe it or not, we have found a great chippy in Hamburg!
Daniel Wischer, more like a restaurant, but great fish & chips.
You can have look on Trip Advisor.
Hamburg has always had a close relationship with the Brits: Beatles and labskaus, which mutated into scouse.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

BriH wrote:Believe it or not, we have found a great chippy in Hamburg!
Daniel Wischer, more like a restaurant, but great fish & chips.
You can have look on Trip Advisor.
Hamburg has always had a close relationship with the Brits: Beatles and labskaus, which mutated into scouse.
While staying in Kurten during the 80's i remember going to Phantasialand, they had some kind of British themed thing going on at the time, I ended up getting fish and chips it came smothered in mayonaise, it was nice but not a patch on the real thing
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I got my mother a fish (haddock) from kowloon, Seaton tonight, £3.40, she said it was really nice.
Just if your passing through again meds.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Firestarter wrote:There's a gud un in the centre of Keswick and the one in silloth used to be awesome
The Old Keswickian has a good reputation and is usually full when you walk past. If anyone likes Thai food and in Keswick the Shemara Guest House is Thai based and top grub.
Not too sure on the fish shop in silloth though.
to be honest it was one of the best chippies ide been to a few years ago.All our lot thought this.
We went recently and the chips were crap and it wasn't rammed full anymore....Enuff said
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Panchitta Marra

Firestarter wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Firestarter wrote:There's a gud un in the centre of Keswick and the one in silloth used to be awesome
The Old Keswickian has a good reputation and is usually full when you walk past. If anyone likes Thai food and in Keswick the Shemara Guest House is Thai based and top grub.
Not too sure on the fish shop in silloth though.
to be honest it was one of the best chippies ide been to a few years ago.All our lot thought this.
We went recently and the chips were crap and it wasn't rammed full anymore....Enuff said
I go to Keswick just about every weekend, and it's usually busy.
I don't know the quality as I don't buy stuff from there.
Much better fish and chips in the village where I live.
If you like Thai food there's a guest house called Shemara, just on from weatherspoons who do eat in Thai meals. The food is real good there.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I've had a chippy in Keswick which was really good and will try the Thai food.
Bet it's not as good as the street food me n the missus had in Thailand itself?lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Best Thai food i ever had was in Antwerp
Panchitta Marra

Firestarter wrote:I've had a chippy in Keswick which was really good and will try the Thai food.
Bet it's not as good as the street food me n the missus had in Thailand itself?lol
I lived in Bangna, Bangkok for 7 months Firestarter, and done all the street food stuff and your right, I've found few places that come anywhere near as good as being in Thailand.
There is a Thai sit down food stall in Carlisle market, it's as good as I've eaten Thai outside of BKK, however, shemara at Keswick is good too. Please phone first as they're very busy. ????
I also lived in Haiphong Vietnam for 6 months which was interesting too, it was only 15km from the Halong Bay, look it up on Google.

There's only one thing on 4 legs that the Vietnamese won't eat..................................

FURNITURE.