Catalan game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bill.inger

Re: Catalan game

Post by bill.inger »

Kittwazzer wrote:And I got my photo taken with Ben Fliwer's dad. Then I bumped into Colin Clark who was there for the day celebrating his 71st birthday! :D

Is he STILL lying about his age?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The frightening aspect about the game is we should have been more points up and it took 20 minutes to get ourselves sorted when in possession burt we were still superb based on an outstanding defence.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Fantastic weekend . Fantastic win / performance

On a sour note

Thanks to the group of lads at the very very top of the stand who were sat in our seats and when asked in a polite manner to vacate said seats because there were no alternatives became very aggressive and abusive.

We were a party of 5 (2 men 3 ladies) various ages .

I am now aware that i am a Scottish B*****D and P***K.

An Irish lady in our company is now aware she is an Irish B*****D and the female equivalent of a P***K.

One female in our group who has had a knee replacement and was in a bit of distress after climbing to the top of the stand got short shift.

We are all now aware that the jugs of beer on sale contained lager (thrown about us) and had multi purpose as they could be used as toilets .

Many Many thanks to the three ladies who came over and offered to move to accommodate our party. The gesture was very much appreciated .

Rant over sorry folks . see you all on Friday

Regards , EW

PS Can i please also add that none of the said gentlemen were wearing Wigan colours .
2002 and EW is hooked
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Contact the club EW. Disgraceful.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Gives the Club and England a bad name. Ashamed to be English when incidents like this occur :(
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Just to emphasise i am not saying we were picked on because of our nationalities just we happened to be in the wrong (or right place as it happens lol) at the wrong time . We have plenty similar up here.

Thanks and Regards , EW

2002 and EW is hooked
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:

Fantastic weekend . Fantastic win / performance

On a sour note

Thanks to the group of lads at the very very top of the stand who were sat in our seats and when asked in a polite manner to vacate said seats because there were no alternatives became very aggressive and abusive.

We were a party of 5 (2 men 3 ladies) various ages .

I am now aware that i am a Scottish B*****D and P***K.

An Irish lady in our company is now aware she is an Irish B*****D and the female equivalent of a P***K.

One female in our group who has had a knee replacement and was in a bit of distress after climbing to the top of the stand got short shift.

We are all now aware that the jugs of beer on sale contained lager (thrown about us) and had multi purpose as they could be used as toilets .

Many Many thanks to the three ladies who came over and offered to move to accommodate our party. The gesture was very much appreciated .

Rant over sorry folks . see you all on Friday

Regards , EW

PS Can i please also add that none of the said gentlemen were wearing Wigan colours .
Not good when someone tries to spoil your weekend with vile behavior. Just look at as the men had to try to show the ladies they are tough boys to make up for having brains like peas and 1 inch todgers.

edited as missread
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

When we bought our tickets from Wigan the day they went on sale we asked for a row low down because I can't climb too many steps.

Our seats were on the very back row! There was no way I could walk up to them after already climbing up about 20 steps just to get to the seating area. There aren't any lifts & I wasn't the only one to suffer.

I asked the chief security fella how was I supposed to get up there? He looked at my ticket took one look at me & just said 'no, no! You sit there' which was the front row. He then waved his arm to indicate the whole of the block I was in & the next block saying 'no reserved seating'!

Almost everyone sat where they wanted with no falling out & no bother ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

bill.inger wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:And I got my photo taken with Ben Fliwer's dad. Then I bumped into Colin Clark who was there for the day celebrating his 71st birthday! :D

Is he STILL lying about his age?

Colin is 71 years old, I worked with him at Leyland Motors as an apprentice.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

d
I've heard all sorts of tales about CC when he was at Motors, including from a guy whose apprentice CC was. He was a nice man then? :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield