Team for tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Team for tonight

Post by thegimble »

God wrote:I knew they would loose tonight, one eye on Saints and the cup.
Leeds have turned the corner and we are missing 10 players get a bit of perspective when you look at it like that.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We might not lose :blush: , still proper crap though
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:
Leeds have turned the corner and we are missing 10 players get a bit of perspective when you look at it like that.
Really thought we could pull another rabbit out of the hat at the end. Not too disappointed though. Leeds are now finding form and our makeshift side didn't let us down.

Tubs'll come!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
Perspective, quite correct!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Not our best display, but their MOTM was Hicks by a country mile.

Let them get away with everything, whilst penalising Wigan for everything.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
superleague

Post by superleague »

We got what we deserved, jack all, I know we had nine players missing but that's not an excuse for that many drop balls, that many sloppy and poor passing and some of the crappy defence tonight. I just wonder how much all these close or last minute winning games are taking out of us mentally as we looked uninterested tonight for large parts of the game and a lack of desire to win which can't be said of the players attitude this season. Are we looking a bit mentally shot or is it just a case of too many injuries

Ps that bloody ref hicks give us naf all he was so frustrating
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think they did well considering. Leeds have got nearly all their bodies back. We was away with "9"!! starters out. Leeds seemed to get the calls that home teams get.... Although I'm bias the 50/50 went against us.
With Lockers, Tompkins×2, Mac, Bateman, Gells, Clubb, Crosby, Farrel and FPN just off the plane and not match fit.
I can't fault the effort or commitment we was not at our best but who would be in those circumstances?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Oh and while I'm on a positive note.. that was Williams best game for us. He was a constant threat with ball in hand challenged the line and broke it a few times. His D was a step up tonight as well hes always been a good tackler but he read things better tonight. He looked the real Deal tonight and without a full starting pack and missing Sam's undoubted influence a massive for the lad showed he can take us around the field. Head and shoulders MOM for me.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Can anyone tell me what is the most first 13 players we have had on the pitch in any game this season? Wiggy peeved me off a bit tonight mentioning we had 9 first teamers missing tonight but then saying however Leeds had been like that all season....as if we hadn't :angry:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Williams is the best half we have at the club, his running game frightens teams to death. Shorrocks will soon become an able partner for him and Wigan will become dominant again.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards