Tautai & Charnley charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tautai & Charnley charged

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The grading of the charges is strange i mean you get more for punching than high tackles and ill tell you now id rather take a punch than a bad highshot any day, highshots (bad ones) can cause very very serious injuries a punch is unlikely to do the same damage.

TT's tackle was bad but having said that i was always taught one round the top the other gets his legs and i think its hard to understand what is acceptable and what is not in those tackles where more often than not you have commited to the tackle while the player is still twisting and turning

One thing i am truely against is bad tackles being shown in slow motion, this gives a massively skewed impression of how bad a tackle was. It makes it look like a player has full control up until contact and they just dont, once committed its almost impossible to stop the resulting contacts/actions.

On josh he should be banned, i dont buy into this "it was nothing", he grabbed at a referee im sorry but there should be an absolute zero tolerance to that behaviour
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

I don't think Josh went to grab the referee. He moved towards him to ask him to look at the screen as he got the decision wrong. As Josh did so, the ref's arm came up towards Josh's face and it was an instinctive act to protect himself.

He hardly touched the ref, and certainly didn't push at him or strike out. We've all seen far worse go on that has gone unpunished. Wilkins, Brough, McGuire and others have all been right in the face of the referees, showing far less respect that Josh did.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did say after the Ben Flower GF furore, the RFL disciplinary needed overhauling, it still does!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:I did say after the Ben Flower GF furore, the RFL disciplinary needed overhauling, it still does!
Here here!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:Mark is he is the first or second tackler making thaat tackle, 99% of fans would be screaming tectbook tackle that is what players should do! Third man in?he was virtually chewing the grass making it around the bootlaces. Now I understand the hysteria around these tackles, to call it a cannonball is a total misnomer. Was it deliberate; sure was, he wernt so low to ensure he was not penalised because around the knees is far more dangerous and usually results in a penalty. Is that tackle more dangerous than one around the kness? Is that tackle onm a par the one made by a St Helens reserve player recently?

Coaches are interesting beasts are they not. Brian McDermott like every other pro coach insists his players his abouve the ball. EVERY such tackle has a smaller margin of error and is far more dangerous than a textbook around the ankle first tckler YET McDermott like all coaches demands it and is totally happy with the danger / harm it risks to opposing players.

We could always insist referees call held immediately? or would that stop McDermott and all coaches insisting their players WRESTLE / SLOW the POTB down.

Professional coaches are the greatest hypocrites are they not.
In this case the ref could have called held sooner yes and coaches often are hypocrites for sure, but why does that make the third man in at the knees/ankles acceptable? It surely doesn't. Tautai should have made sure he didn't go in low to attack the joints, or if he was to go in low he didn't do so with force - he didn't ensure that.

I would say the difference with the Saints one (assuming you mean the one in the reserve game against us) was that player held and twisted the leg/joint whereas Tautai's was a forceful hit on that area that bent the leg/joint unnaturally. The twist is a more deliberate act intended to injure than the poorly directed hit, but both should be eliminated as far as is possible.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Was Teabag really forceful? Truth be told he was quite gentle in terms of contact and slow enough so allow the ball carrier to move/anticipate which led to Teabag actually misding his original target area.

EVERY player in Pro RL tackles as instructed. Change the rules if the RFL want to eradicate third man tackles. It was certainly not a cannonball as incorrectly reported.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Believe they have both got 2 game bans and are therefore out for the Semi
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Can anybody tell me when (minute) Charnley comes into contact with the referee?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No CC this year then, at least i've had the pleasure of seeing Leeds being shit
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

cpwigan wrote:Can anybody tell me when (minute) Charnley comes into contact with the referee?
63minute30 seconds on Sky clock
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#