What changes do we need to make for the semi-final?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: What changes do we need to make for the semi-final?

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote:
cpwigan wrote:We need superb / crazy completion ad minimal mistake. We have always needed that under Wane. PM, I think the majoity of fans have finally see through the hapless Wane. We cannot change anything short term but just hope rthe players play the perfect game otherwise we lose. Worryingly, Wane will never be sacked, IL and Rads will not sack him even at the end of the season. Worse, Wane knows it.

Yup weve finally seen through the coach who taken us to how many grand finals in a row again.......

People are seeing we need somthing extra in attack but to call wane hapless. We have been thre 80 minutes from a trophy every season how many other teams can say that?
Yes we havent been good enough in the end but im sure plenty of other teams would happily have a coach who gets they to the GF as often as we do.
But we are worse than we were last season by a long way. Only Leeds scored less.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
cpwigan wrote:We need superb / crazy completion ad minimal mistake. We have always needed that under Wane. PM, I think the majoity of fans have finally see through the hapless Wane. We cannot change anything short term but just hope rthe players play the perfect game otherwise we lose. Worryingly, Wane will never be sacked, IL and Rads will not sack him even at the end of the season. Worse, Wane knows it.

Yup weve finally seen through the coach who taken us to how many grand finals in a row again.......

People are seeing we need somthing extra in attack but to call wane hapless. We have been thre 80 minutes from a trophy every season how many other teams can say that?
Yes we havent been good enough in the end but im sure plenty of other teams would happily have a coach who gets they to the GF as often as we do.
But we are worse than we were last season by a long way. Only Leeds scored less.
The facts speak for themselves, Waney has time to adjust them but if we come away trophy less again then serious questions need to be asked about his leadership. We have the best squad in SL and that should deliver success. I'm with CPW though, I would be absolutely amazed if IFL gave him the push.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

bring in two world class players, 6 and 7. job done

I said to everyone what was going to happen with the 6 and 7 we have and it has. I will also say we will win nothing this season.

A bold statement I know but Ill stand by it!

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan Watcher wrote:bring in two world class players, 6 and 7. job done

I said to everyone what was going to happen with the 6 and 7 we have and it has. I will also say we will win nothing this season.

I don't agree, we need someone with creativity and speed instead of Smith. Williams is a fantastic runner of the ball as was shown at Leeds where he was easily our best player. We are relying more and more on Lockers to be creative as Smith does not have the skill set. Having said that, Smith is going nowhere and Tommy has been recruited to put pressure on the halves and hookers.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I'll agree Williams was outstanding at Leeds but very poor on Friday I think we forget how young he is he will be inconsistent and not the finished article
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:You have a bee in your bonnet about Wane, you always have had cp :(
More of a grudge if you ask me.

Now, got one about Corbyn to add to his collection!
I've got a problem with Wane and Corbyn also!
I also have full vision and lack delusion!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wigan Watcher wrote:bring in two world class players, 6 and 7. job done

I said that months ago we'll win nowt and was asked why?
We always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot and Friday was no different!
Sloppy defence gave them two tries which I predicted moments before the scoring.
Saturday is a big big game to prove. I'm seeing the cc final and grand final being the same teams.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

It'll be difficult to do so, and I just don't think we will play as bad v Hull as we did on Friday.
I hope we will see a change in some players playing positions with more clinical ideas going forward including much less errors. Im not trying to be clever here or trying to teach people to crack eggs, but I honestly think if we get our game spot on we can beat Hull FC.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nothing will change PM. Wane believes 100% that he is right and that any defeats are down to the players not him. As I said the tactcs require the playerts to be night on perfect otherwise a 50/50 or 60/40 game v a good team equates to defeat. Wane will never change his tactics because in his head they are perfect. Frequently, the players slog their guts out in defence to the point they are so fatgued that the attack bresks down or errors occu.

I cannot understand anybody not recognising the talent/ability of George Williams BTW. It is just a shame he plays alongside Matty Smith. Imagin even with Sneyd at 7 or better still Gidley or Sandow.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

cpwigan wrote: I cannot understand anybody not recognising the talent/ability of George Williams BTW. It is just a shame he plays alongside Matty Smith. Imagin even with Sneyd at 7 or better still Gidley or Sandow.
Do you see Williams as a 6 or 7? (Regardless of this split halves gibberish).
For me his a genuine 7.