Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Smith

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

6742hitch wrote:Here we go, all Smith's fault.....I think I saw him pointing to other players and screaming his head off at them where to be, not EVERY kick can 1000% pinpoint accurate ALL the time, he made some good tackles.

Why has NO-ONE mentioned OTHER players on that field eh, Sutton?? And what the hell did Manfredi offer, or is it because they are certain people's golden balls they can do NOOOOO wrong?
Neither played well last night but that was a one off, both have played consistently well for Wigan this season especially for two inexperienced lads. Smith is an international who has been constantly poor for nearly two seasons.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

4 Generations wrote:Smiths the scrum half we have got.Hes no Gregory.I dont see any Botica in him either.He does frustrate in kicking,some passes and seems to me to be a little lost at times.Could be he needs less responsibility and some more quality around him.He had a decent game last night.Watching him take the goal kick he looked ill.Worried to death,nervous.He will do for me for now.Hes far from a bad player.
I like Jacob Miller this season for Widnes.Youth,enthusiasum and what seems to be an emerging talent.Matty may need a rest or some competition to fire him up

4G
That's why Tommy is on his way back.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:after last night and the pile of crap we served up for 30 minutes in the second half i cannot believe someone made a Smith Thread, he wasnt bad at all last night one of our better player, made a couple of try saving tackles himself and his kicking game was okay.

he plays like wane tells him, it wasn't his kicks that were to strong or to long that our wingers couldn't reach them.

my one complaint was the goal kick he missed (which was a easy one) but he had just been taken out and wasn't standing to steadily. somthing we never managed to do to sneyd.
Sorry but he is crap, just look at his attacking statistics: tries 2; try assists 8; tackle busts 8; clean breaks 1. compare that with Williams who has played less football this season and is not our main playmaker: T 3; TA 13; TB 44; CB 7. Then again you can look at Sneyd T 3; TA 18; TB 34; CB 8. He might play as Wane tells him but he simply doesn't have the skills and he is not Wigan standard.
crap enough that saints wanted him back and tried to get him at the same time as us? and supposedly this year.

hes doing exactly what wane asks him to do, so does williams. im sorry but if hes as poor as you suggest they would have go rid, im more inclined to say hes doing exactly what hes asked hence the contract.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Josie's friend wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:Rads had plenty to say on what Matty brings to the club, all positive so I'll go with his opinion. Miss the days when Blake was the problem and Smith the golden boy
:lol: Trust me it is not!!
I don't understand, Rads opinion of Matty isn't all positive? I was there when Rads said it along with quite a few respected supporters of the club
I do not care what you and several other 'respected' (Aren't all supporters respected) were possibly told I can only tell you 100% it is not the truth. Not you fault but maybe you were told what Wigan RLFC wanted you to hear.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

BTW, I have no idea if Smith is crap or not. Not any other player for that matter as they all follow the instru
ctions laid don by Wane. Wane will never select ANYBODY who does anything against what he asks them to do. Has Smith ever been dropped? :wink:
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
4 Generations wrote:Smiths the scrum half we have got.Hes no Gregory.I dont see any Botica in him either.He does frustrate in kicking,some passes and seems to me to be a little lost at times.Could be he needs less responsibility and some more quality around him.He had a decent game last night.Watching him take the goal kick he looked ill.Worried to death,nervous.He will do for me for now.Hes far from a bad player.
I like Jacob Miller this season for Widnes.Youth,enthusiasum and what seems to be an emerging talent.Matty may need a rest or some competition to fire him up

4G

Does he not play for Wakefield ?
Yes he does.I was thinking out loud and Joe Mellors name was on the tip of my tongue.My lad threw Jacob Miller at me and i fell in the trap.I was in the que at Tesco later and i realised my error.Hes a latics fan my lad and found it quite funny.I hope hes a fan of the homeless.Cause ther eating his crunchie nut corn flakes next week :lol:
Thanks
4G
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

cpwigan wrote:BTW, I have no idea if Smith is crap or not. Not any other player for that matter as they all follow the instru
ctions laid don by Wane. Wane will never select ANYBODY who does anything against what he asks them to do. Has Smith ever been dropped? :wink:
Smith need some help,competion for his place and a rest to start with IMO.He isnt a bad player.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Replace him with Sam Tomkins and bring in Morgan Escare at Fullback
shaunedwardsfanclub

Caboosegg wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:after last night and the pile of crap we served up for 30 minutes in the second half i cannot believe someone made a Smith Thread, he wasnt bad at all last night one of our better player, made a couple of try saving tackles himself and his kicking game was okay.

he plays like wane tells him, it wasn't his kicks that were to strong or to long that our wingers couldn't reach them.

my one complaint was the goal kick he missed (which was a easy one) but he had just been taken out and wasn't standing to steadily. somthing we never managed to do to sneyd.
Sorry but he is crap, just look at his attacking statistics: tries 2; try assists 8; tackle busts 8; clean breaks 1. compare that with Williams who has played less football this season and is not our main playmaker: T 3; TA 13; TB 44; CB 7. Then again you can look at Sneyd T 3; TA 18; TB 34; CB 8. He might play as Wane tells him but he simply doesn't have the skills and he is not Wigan standard.
crap enough that saints wanted him back and tried to get him at the same time as us? and supposedly this year.

hes doing exactly what wane asks him to do, so does williams. im sorry but if hes as poor as you suggest they would have go rid, im more inclined to say hes doing exactly what hes asked hence the contract.
So it makes him a good player because Saints wanted him? I give you Tasi, Peyroux, Owens etc. Smith and Williams may be doing as instructed by Wane but the junior of those two has the far better statistics and skill set. Let's be honest he can't even do what is being asked of him.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I like Joe Mellor this season for Widnes.Youth,enthusiasum and what seems to be an emerging talent.Matty may need a rest or some competition to fire him up

Thinking out loud my lad said Jacob miller,whos a decent enough player.I ment Joe Mellor.My lad thought it was funny,hes a Latics fan.
4G
If Smith will do for you then havent watched much Rugby.