Hampshire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Hampshire

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Tommy 6 George 7

Or

Tommy 7 George 6

Or

Does it not matter?
Shirt numbers don't matter I agree TBW, what I like is the way Tommy is currently in the halves directing the NZ players round the pitch and supplying good ball, providing options which we're lacking. He has the 6 shirt on his back and it suits his style of play at the moment, plus he now and again slots in at PTB, for typical hooker play.
With all this, I think it allows William's to make his darting runs plus his ability with the try line grubbers. I'm looking forward to Tommy play next season as the least it will do is provide honest competition for places in the team, and as I see it, he's way ahead of Smith except for goal kicking.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

6 and 7 generally are ther same in this era. I agree re Tommy playing half makes sense. Hampshire would be in my 17 as a reserve.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
old hooker wrote:Hampshire is average, get rid.
Quick to write players off Old Hooker? How many full games have you seen Hampshire play? Would an average youngster be capable of pushing Matty Bowen out in the selection stakes for a FB?
and what has he done since except score a few tries for Cas :roll:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

wing seems to suit him more than halfback, he seems to have good pace and a cracking step, maybe he could be a very good winger - like i say he certainly has found his rhythm there better. Jason Robinson was a half back in the youth teams wasn't he?

I think he has got talent but he deffo has shown nothing to suggest he is going to set the world alight in the halves, but he has shown a glint on the wing so i would personally pursue that more
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

May do a Botica or an Edwards. Alternatively, he could be a Jason Robinson. One thing is for sure, such versatility is great in the 17.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

cpwigan wrote:
old hooker wrote:Hampshire is average, get rid.
Quick to write players off Old Hooker? How many full games have you seen Hampshire play? Would an average youngster be capable of pushing Matty Bowen out in the selection stakes for a FB?
I have seen him play enough games to give my opinion he is not good enough.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

How many games OH? and at what level and for whom?

I will be honest I do not know if he can play halfback at first team level because he has never been given the opportunity at Wigan and very rarely at Cas.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:May do a Botica or an Edwards. Alternatively, he could be a Jason Robinson. One thing is for sure, such versatility is great in the 17.
Or he could do a Sean Ainscough
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:May do a Botica or an Edwards. Alternatively, he could be a Jason Robinson. One thing is for sure, such versatility is great in the 17.
Or he could do a Sean Ainscough
You have lost me Meds :conf: Ainsy was a winger from junior to first team. He might play a bit of centre now, not sure.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With our multi injured squad perhaps it would be completely wrong to consider him going to another club.
We signed him on a 3 year plus deal I think prior to him going to Cas so I'm hoping he sees his contract out at Wigan.
RH is playing on the Cas wing as Monaghan and Flynn are both injured. He's a long way down the pecking order there.

MM is injured and Powell is carrying an injury and we've no cover for Sam P.
George is carrying an injury and Shorrocks is his cover.
I'd consider bringing Hampshire back now if possible as he'd be better cover instead of Shorrocks.