Wigan v Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Wigan v Saints

Post by morley pie eater »

superleague wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
superleague wrote:Always great beating the stains but let's not get ahead of ourselves we where still poor with ball in hand, lots of errors. That performance isn't going to worry an inform hull or wire unfortunately
Sorry, SL, but remind us which game you were at?
I saw a superb defence that never gave em a sniff at scoring despite great pressure & numerous drop-outs. A disciplined performance too, few penalties given, and 4 great tries against the current form team of the comp.

"poor with ball in hand, lots of errors." I find that nothing short of an insult to a great team performance and a demonstration of total blinkered prejudice to back up your pre-conceived views. Disgraceful!
Saints where bloody awful and if you think that was a great performance you have some serious cherry and white blinkers on, or just delusional
See above.

If you really believe what you say, time to stop being a "supporter" maybe
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

superleague wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
superleague wrote:Always great beating the stains but let's not get ahead of ourselves we where still poor with ball in hand, lots of errors. That performance isn't going to worry an inform hull or wire unfortunately
Sorry, SL, but remind us which game you were at?
I saw a superb defence that never gave em a sniff at scoring despite great pressure & numerous drop-outs. A disciplined performance too, few penalties given, and 4 great tries against the current form team of the comp.

"poor with ball in hand, lots of errors." I find that nothing short of an insult to a great team performance and a demonstration of total blinkered prejudice to back up your pre-conceived views. Disgraceful!
Saints where bloody awful and if you think that was a great performance you have some serious cherry and white blinkers on, or just delusional
We made more mistakes than Saints so either that is worrying which is one way to look at it or we still managed to score 4 tries to their none, it can't be both ways!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

From BBC website: "Stubborn in defence, Wigan remained a threat in attack"... but what do they know?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
superleague

Post by superleague »

I can't be arsed getting into an argument over A GAME, imo I can't knock the effort and commitment, but going forward with ball in hand we are poor, predictable, I just find it very frustrating watching us as the team as much more potential than what it's showing.
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Tautai was the best foward on the field tonight, and it was up front that we beat Saints. Last time we played them they bullied us, but tonight from the off we were physical and didn't let them get on top. Dom Crosby looking good too. Flower looks bang average nowadays but hopefully it's a dip in form and not permanent.

Backs vs backs there was a totally misfiring saints attack and some moments of quality from Gells, and some smart organisation from Matty S.

Overall it's no mean feat to keep ANY SL side to nil, so can't be too disappointed but let's not get carried away cos not every side we play has players like Wilkin and Fages to help us out.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cow yeds wrote:I think we'll batter them. There leader is not playing and Percival is out too. So they have no goal kicker. Put the foot down early on and goodnight Vienna.
Think sintelins have one or two half decent goal kickers cow yeds, but hopefully injuries and suspensions will curb this tonight. Maybe Jack opens will get the job if Percival doesn't play. ????
So who was St Helens goal kicker then? :lol: :lol:
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
TrueBlueWarrior

God wrote:
superleague wrote:I can't be arsed getting into an argument over A GAME, imo I can't knock the effort and commitment, but going forward with ball in hand we are poor, predictable, I just find it very frustrating watching us as the team as much more potential than what it's showing.
Agreed, maybe I should pack in watching Wigan because I also have concerns regarding the attack, and tonight was no different.

Proper bad supporter me.
I agree that we were still poor with ball in hand and that's why we made more unforced errors than Saints! Therefore we can't say the win was just down to Saints being poor as we were equally as poor ball in hand, so surely the fact we scored 25 points and nilled them is something to grab hold of at least!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
We made more mistakes than Saints so either that is worrying which is one way to look at it or we still managed to score 4 tries to their none, it can't be both ways!!
Probably true, TBW. I'm not suggesting that it was a perfect Wigan performance. But can I recall the errors we made when we beat Manly 8-2? Am I able to list all our mistakes when we beat Saints 27-0 at Wembley? Am I bothered how many dropped balls when we beat the Broncos on their own patch?

As you probably know, I live among Leeds fans. I love it when we beat them and they reel off a list of decisions, forward passes etc to try to take the shine off our victory. What baffles me on here is that it's some of the so-called Wigan fans who can't get their keyboards into gear fast enough to belittle a great victory, and in a Derby match at that.

What was it that Maggie Thatcher said after the sinking of the Belgrano? "Celebrate, you bas***d's, celebrate!" (I paraphrase)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
TrueBlueWarrior

morley pie eater wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Probably true, TBW. I'm not suggesting that it was a perfect Wigan performance. But can I recall the errors we made when we beat Manly 8-2? Am I able to list all our mistakes when we beat Saints 27-0 at Wembley? Am I bothered how many dropped balls when we beat the Broncos on their own patch?

As you probably know, I live among Leeds fans. I love it when we beat them and they reel off a list of decisions, forward passes etc to try to take the shine off our victory. What baffles me on here is that it's some of the so-called Wigan fans who can't get their keyboards into gear fast enough to belittle a great victory, and in a Derby match at that.

What was it that Maggie Thatcher said after the sinking of the Belgrano's? "Celebrate, you bas***D's, celebrate!" (I paraphrase)
I am agreeing with you Morley!!

The point I was making was probably a little confusing so will try again!!

We were equally as poor with ball in hand as Stains so we can't just say that we won because they were awful, for me our defence made them awful.

We still scored 25 points and again looked shabby in attack so for me it's something to work on at least for the next game!!

In a pretty awful season, I think tonight is something to be proud of and I am not going to be overly negative!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bollocks I was goig to remain silent but screw it.

Enjoy nilling Saints in a Derby game. Enjoy a great hattrick by Gelling. Let's hope he is not dropped for a back rower because yet he is not perfect but he has that touch of special quality that makes a huge difference. Tonight was possible on his best ever games in the Cherry and White. You need attacking ability and Gels has it.

The defence was great as it always has. The key after a great opening 5 minutes was withstanding 15 - 20 minutes of non stop defence in our own half. A defence that continued for the full 80. It was always a case of get the second score and Saints would struggle.

Oddly I did not think we made umpteen errors. Ball stealing seemed to occur several times and went unpunished.

Josh was great at winger. My hunch would be to swop Gildart and Sarge to centre and wing (hope that makes sense).

Saints were very poor in possession; bit like Wigan for most of the season. I was suprised KC did not opt for Wilkin at 7 and try to turn it into a dogs of war game. Thage is ordinary but put him with Turner and you have nobody managing the game bar Roby. Turner is a runner, a centre IMO. Percival their best attacker was a big loss. Saints were largely left with Greenwood as a strike runner and he was well contained. Saints best chance is a dogs of war bashathon with a Walsh style half guiding them. I thought we targetted Owens well. He did nothing rong but he was easy to stop/contain.

Saints squad is 'skinny' but nobody cries when we are beat up and lose.

Yes, it is SL and for two top 4 clubs the standard in possession is far from great but I enjoy beating Saints at Academy, at Service Area. Hell even Nursey age if it existed.

Morley you are an arsehole! Superleague is entitled to his opinion without you attacking him. Your entitled to yours WITHOUT ABUSING OTHERS (P.S I used the end of this post to show to how easy and pathetic it is). I will say this, I still chat to several people here and read so don't think you can be an arsehole with people or as Arnie said, I will be back!

Why does Nil sounds so much better than any other score Enjoy folks :D