Golovkin. v. Brook

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Warrior1872

Re: Golovkin. v. Brook

Post by Warrior1872 »

I never said it was GGG who had damaged his opponents i was talking in general about fighters,i have no interest in watching Brook get battered hence why i wont be wasting my money on the box office
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Just watched the weigh in and Brook looks in fantastic shape! not an ounce of plump on him he looks more capable of carrying this extra weight i liked his quote saying its the first time he doesn't look like he has his grandads teeth in!

GGG on the other hand looked tired and drawn, didnt smile and it looks like isnt going to speak to the press after - he actually looked a bit ill, he could just be dehydrated to make the weight easier

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Just watched the weigh in and Brook looks in fantastic shape! not an ounce of plump on him he looks more capable of carrying this extra weight i liked his quote saying its the first time he doesn't look like he has his grandads teeth in!

GGG on the other hand looked tired and drawn, didnt smile and it looks like isnt going to speak to the press after - he actually looked a bit ill, he could just be dehydrated to make the weight easier
I hope Golovkin is as I'll and maybe even I'll prepared as he looks, it's another positive for Brooks.
Still think it's a task too far for Kell, but hope he can prove us all to be wrong.
On his top form Golovkin is the best pound for pound fighter around, with most trying to avoid him.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He looked ok to me. I cannot see past him. The guy has dynamite in those fists.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Warrior1872 wrote:I never said it was GGG who had damaged his opponents i was talking in general about fighters,i have no interest in watching Brook get battered hence why i wont be wasting my money on the box office
Firstly I think you need to make your posts clearer and secondly the amount of career ending injuries occurred during boxing fights as a percentage to the amount of fights there are in total is absolute minuscule!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

GGG Will be more more powerful and heavy handed at this weight.

Brook to be stopped in the 8th.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If anybody wants an invite to the two boxing forum / torrent download sites? shout me via PM.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Just been watching Golovkin v Brook - The Media Tour, and there is big respect shown by both boxers towards each other, without the bullish14 winding up towards each other as was aka Groves against Froch.
It's nice to see two very good boxers in their own rights showing respect for each other the way they have.

As already mentioned by others, Brook is looking in excellent shape considering his weight gain, how this will affect his ability to maintain his naturally fast fighting style I'm not sure. Carrying more weight can be draining, and hopefully the altitude tent training by Brook can help counter these extra pounds required at middle weight.
My concern is that Brook won't have faced anyone, even in training, with the iron fists of Golovkin. Can he maintain his focus once these big blows start hitting home, I just can't see it.
I'm sure kell Brook will give it his best shot, however, he's up against a teak strength fighter, and he will immediately sense the much increased intensity once that first punch lands. How kell can cope with this will determine how long the fight may last in my opinion.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Just watching the weigh in and Froch is saying Golovkin has some sort of virus, doesn't look himself etc.

Wonder if they are just trying to make the fight look less one sided or, maybe there's something in it.

Can feel a small bet coming on.
SJ

Post by SJ »

jobo wrote:Just watching the weigh in and Froch is saying Golovkin has some sort of virus, doesn't look himself etc.

Wonder if they are just trying to make the fight look less one sided or, maybe there's something in it.

Can feel a small bet coming on.
I thought Froch gave Kell good advice (keep calm give G respect as opposed to John Nelson's. Advice play dirty and give G reason to think about what he's facing (I paraphrase) I think if he doesn't take Froch's advice he will not last long. Bets are out of the question for me