FPN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
joeb

Re: FPN

Post by joeb »

So what do we think of tikka massala up to now
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

According to Wane on Saturday nights do FPN asked to start,that's a good sign as he needs to stick his neck out rather than wait to be picked to start,no coincidence it was his best game for the club so far Friday night.

Next season he will be just fine.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I wish people would give the guy some respect & stop using this childish nickname

Call him TT, Mr T or simply T.
You really are hung up on this one aren't you Josie.

Should we not have called Mcguire "Madge" then? Or Burgess "Budgie"? Or Mark Riddell "Piggy", which after all came about because he was a bit on the plump side! What on earth is the difference? They are just nicknames and earning one is in fact often a mark of having endeared yourself to the fans not an insult.
Piggy wasn't called Piggy because of his size, it was because his dad was a policeman. He got the nickname little pig.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think TT has been very good most of the year. The odd mistake but I can forgive him that because he's normally trying to make something happen. Against Hull , in that 30 seconds of play that won us the game showed what he's looked like building to. My lads got his name on his shirt and he keeps telling me how he knew he would be good. I admit last season I was not sure but I was the same with "superman" Pat Richards after one season.
I'm with Josie the "tea towel" name raised its head on here?? When most thought he wasn't good enough and should be moved on!! You may think it's OK now but because of the stick attached to it, that he took last year I can't warm to it and won't.
While he's not the finished article I would imagine he would be in the top three of most people's Wigan player of the year. For us he's most inproved with a mile, to the point I would be gutted to lose him.
Be nice if we could drop the name and admit we was wrong!
It's a bit different having a nickname as a kid, growing up with it like "Piggy". It's also different having one that all call you teammates alike "Budgie". Or like Pats superma, a massive complement. To one that a few on a forum call you that was originally dirogatory and as its turning out off the mark. I think he's earned the name being dropped.
Anyhow a big well done to him from hoping he won't drop the ball to now waiting for him to get it and see what he does is a big improvement?
I hope FPN continues improving as he and TT give us real impact, throw Clubb into that mix also.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

josie andrews wrote:I wish people would give the guy some respect & stop using this childish nickname

You are quite right Josie it is disrespectful.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

old hooker wrote:

Although I agree nicknames is a form of endearment by fans and fellow players. Josie is correct Tea Towel is not a nick name just lazy posting because they can't be bothered looking up the correct spelling of his name so your right disrespectful.
pedro

Post by pedro »

but TT or Mr T isnt?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
old hooker wrote:

Although I agree nicknames is a form of endearment by fans and fellow players. Josie is correct Tea Towel is not a nick name just lazy posting because they can't be bothered looking up the correct spelling of his name so your right disrespectful.
Correct re rationale but it mecomes a nickname. Majority of nicknames are pointless BUT HARMLESS. Look like we will have to be Smeegs orusing Sam T or FPN. Absurd isn't it. Anybody who gets offended by such nonsense needs help.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Agreed, I feel the same about posts from people complaining about 'Sean Wayne' or 'Tompkins'!

If you can't be bothered to spell someone's name right, how seriously should you be taken?
'
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

All the things I have been called over the years I would be delighted with Teatowel!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett