Injury Update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Injury Update

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote:So who are all the 15 players out???
Sam T, Manfredi, Lockers, Joel T, Clubb, Mossop, McIlorum with Flower suspended, makes 8.

The rest must be junior members of the 1st team squad but it doesn't matter in so much as if the above were fit/available the rest would not get a look in. So while I am sure the club is right we have 15 out for the season it is overstating the impact - not that the above list in itself is not horrendous.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I wasn't suggesting the injuries are down to lack of discipline, what I was highlighting was that, given that we already had virtually no back up, to lose players to suspensions for on and off the field activities was under Wane's control. And that fatally weakened us in the league (where we missed out by a point) and the cup (where without Charnley and FPN through suspension, and Bateman under cooked) we lost narrowly.
2 grown men having a fight while under the influence of alcohol was not SW's fault in my opinion!
Didn't the club and in particular Wane organise the trip to the races?

I don't know if you have ever been to horse racing but living as I do in Chester with its race course the one thing you will guarantee is a city full of totally wasted people on race day! Some of the pubs don't even open. They don't want the business.

If the club/Wane organised the trip to the races they were bonkers.
I think that is unfair DaveO, grown men are responsible for their own actions!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
Firestarter wrote:So who are all the 15 players out???
Sam T, Manfredi, Lockers, Joel T, Clubb, Mossop, McIlorum with Flower suspended, makes 8.

The rest must be junior members of the 1st team squad but it doesn't matter in so much as if the above were fit/available the rest would not get a look in. So while I am sure the club is right we have 15 out for the season it is overstating the impact - not that the above list in itself is not horrendous.
I have been through the entire first team squad and reached the following;

5 Starting 13, (6 if Flower is incl)

Tomkins
Manfredi
McIlorum
Joel Tomkins
Lockers

Clubb
Mossop

7 first 17, (8 if Flower incl)

Gregson
Waterworth

9 First teame squad (10 if Flower incl). Waterworth may or may not be fit. At a guess he will be released anyhow at the end of the seasom

Ganson is presumably moving to the first team so 10. 11 if Flower incl)

Struggling to find ANYBODY else.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

"IL in talking bolleaux shocker" ????
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I wasn't suggesting the injuries are down to lack of discipline, what I was highlighting was that, given that we already had virtually no back up, to lose players to suspensions for on and off the field activities was under Wane's control. And that fatally weakened us in the league (where we missed out by a point) and the cup (where without Charnley and FPN through suspension, and Bateman under cooked) we lost narrowly.
2 grown men having a fight while under the influence of alcohol was not SW's fault in my opinion!
Didn't the club and in particular Wane organise the trip to the races?

I don't know if you have ever been to horse racing but living as I do in Chester with its race course the one thing you will guarantee is a city full of totally wasted people on race day! Some of the pubs don't even open. They don't want the business.

If the club/Wane organised the trip to the races they were bonkers.
It was nothing to do with Shaun Wane, it was a Business Club team outing, as far as I am aware.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Josie is at least in part correct. I know Rads has moved upstairs but IIRC all such decisions would be taken by him as player manager. Pure conjecture, Wigan have beeen to the races previously and IIRC nothing happened then.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Didn't IL say 15 of 35 players so that obviously includes the academy squad. Missing from yesterdays Grand Final were Ganson, Higginson, Heckworth, Field, Dudley and probably a few more, so that's where the total will have come from.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I mentioned Ganson. Higginson takes it to 11 or 12 if you count Flower. I think there are 34 first teamers listed on the website not incl Ganson so I think we are streching it.

Heckworth, Field, Dudley Heckworth will be retained. Dudley has hardly played in the last 2 seasons, probably released. Field ??

Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

Let's be honest, losing Sam and Lockers is not the blow it would have been in years gone by.
Yes, it reduces the number of fit first-team players we have but in terms of the match-day squad I'm not sure it weakens us too much.
Lockers has been injured for much of the season and Sam has not been the player he was. Probably because he has never been fully fit so an extra couple of weeks should be good for next year.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Liam Marshall could be another one, I don't think he played in the last couple of Swinton games.