Next Season Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Next Season Forwards

Post by cpwigan »

If Mac gets back to full fitness I think he will get back the 9 spot on merit. The two tries IIRC Shorocks could not effect strong enough challenge. No shame in that, he did very well BUT Mac is capable of making those tackles. Wane has a responsibility as coach to develop his attack as before he was made head coach, Macs attacking game was getting better.

Mac is a hooker full stop. NO LF.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:If Mac gets back to full fitness I think he will get back the 9 spot on merit. The two tries IIRC Shorocks could not effect strong enough challenge. No shame in that, he did very well BUT Mac is capable of making those tackles. Wane has a responsibility as coach to develop his attack as before he was made head coach, Macs attacking game was getting better.

..and a fantastic hooker at that, playing a huge part in trophies we have won and also his absence equally as vital in trophies we have lost!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If Mac gets back to full fitness I think he will get back the 9 spot on merit. The two tries IIRC Shorocks could not effect strong enough challenge. No shame in that, he did very well BUT Mac is capable of making those tackles. Wane has a responsibility as coach to develop his attack as before he was made head coach, Macs attacking game was getting better.

..and a fantastic hooker at that, playing a huge part in trophies we have won and also his absence equally as vital in trophies we have lost!!
You're trying to be No1 fan :eusa9:
TrueBlueWarrior

Panchitta Marra wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

MM knows......that's all that matters!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: ..and a fantastic hooker at that, playing a huge part in trophies we have won and also his absence equally as vital in trophies we have lost!!
MM knows......that's all that matters!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't respond to that reply.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Batenan and Faz are locked on starting SRs. The LF? The owd lad from Widnes did well tonight but realistically are you then looking at Lockers or JTomkins for LF.
Isa is still only 27, and is a model pro. Next year I would move SOL to prop so that his game time can be managed better. I just hope Joel can get fit again, you don't realise how big he is until you're alongside him. He did it tough for the team this year, playing in games when he shouldn't and has consequently suffered. Wigan were hoping to manage his game time until the end of the season so he could have is op then, however injuries to the squad meant him playing and him getting damage to his other knee. Had Nick Gregson not done his acl then Joel may have got through to the end of the season.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Joel is still on crutches. How long has he been out?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Wandering Warrior wrote:Joel is still on crutches. How long has he been out?
Too long!! :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whatever happens surely Faz and Bateman are lock ins for SR starting spots next season. I know there has been an obsession to have huge forwards but I disagree, Front rower for sure Big, strong etc. but your SR need to be athletes given the huge amount of work and ground they cover incl defending opposing SO/FB/Centre, LFS depends what a coach wants and where he want them to play, middle or edge,
TrueBlueWarrior

LF and JB are a world class 2nd row in my opinion, size is irrelevant as long as they have big props in front of them. Imagine if menpond reads this! :lol: