Re: Williams to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Georges dad is now coach of Warrington scholarship or acadamey, However I've heard nothing of the rumour until yesterday. It's already been mentioned on here that he has a long term contract at Wigan and it would cost a LOT of money to buy him out of it. Isn't Sandow their marquee player or is it Gidley? It just looks like silly season with the rumours now that the real season has ended. Crosby is going to Wire.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

He won't leave and Gidley was a grub in the GF, made my day when he was covered in blood and crying on the pitch!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

No straw damn us wrote:Georges dad is now coach of Warrington scholarship or acadamey, However I've heard nothing of the rumour until yesterday. It's already been mentioned on here that he has a long term contract at Wigan and it would cost a LOT of money to buy him out of it. Isn't Sandow their marquee player or is it Gidley? It just looks like silly season with the rumours now that the real season has ended. Crosby is going to Wire.
Sandow is off according to what I heard. Sounds like they are after making Williams their marquee player. It would cost them a lot to buy out the contract. Maybe they've made IL an offer he can't refuse. Sincerely hope not.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Whatever they pay him his salary cap worth is £170,000.
It's £100k if you came through the club's academy and £170k if not.
Not too long since he signed a four year deal.
I reckon IL will keep him despite Wire probably coming in with a massive transfer fee.
If IL is asked by either George or his agent about it maybe he should
them "Does George like losing finals?"
Wire have lost their last four.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

No straw damn us wrote:Crosby is going to Wire.
Subject to terms being agreed apparently.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
moto748

Post by moto748 »

George Williams, like every other young English half, is nowhere near NRL standard yet.

I will be disgusted if Wigan let him go, though.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I have recently been chastised by our chairman in regards to my 'complaining' about letting our young players go!!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote:I have recently been chastised by our chairman in regards to my 'complaining' about letting our young players go!!
So cpw is really IL?

It all makes sense now. :lol:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:I have recently been chastised by our chairman in regards to my 'complaining' about letting our young players go!!
Truth can hurt
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We can't keep them all but I do have to say I'm disappointed that it is rumoured Crosby will be leaving, especially going to a main rival in Warrington.
Williams leaving would be an awful message to Wigan supporters in that we will appear a selling club.
If George left that's when we'd all complain!