Relegation for wigan this season ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Relegation for wigan t...

Post by Doveoverdave »

MrsLam posted:
I don't think so. Every time we lose we get this relegation talk. I am far from happy at last nights result and I still feel we threw the game away however I'm staying positive that Millward will at least bring in some new tactics and calm the players down a bit. We're far too panicky when we're losing.
...and far too crap when we're winning!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Doveoverdave posted:
MrsLam posted:
I don't think so. Every time we lose we get this relegation talk. I am far from happy at last nights result and I still feel we threw the game away however I'm staying positive that Millward will at least bring in some new tactics and calm the players down a bit. We're far too panicky when we're losing.
...and far too crap when we're winning!
Ey, a wins a win this season!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I think you mean a wins a miracle, MrsLam, sorry to correct you there :roll:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted:
GeoffN posted: Hope not! We should have O'Loughlin and Hock back, plus the new signings...I think Millward is doing the right thing having a good look at all our players, before deciding where he thinks our priorities are. I just hope it's IM rather than ML making those decisions.
I can envisage all the Academy players getting a look in at some stage (maybe even Desi!).
At leat 7-8 will go and will be replaced. We already have 2 with Gualvo almost a certainty. Some bug names will go.

At leat a quarter of the squad will go if not more. The over reliance on youth has cost us. Ok we did over stretch on the Cap but wed have benn better getting rid of Faz 2-3 years ago when we gor rid of so many other than let him stay and go now.
We still need a full back, centre, half back and 2 props after signing Fletcher, Richards and Gulavao!!
Why do we need a full back.
Agree on the other positions. Its going to be a revolving door come September and its about bloody time.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Rads is our only one and hes getting past his best and more injury prone.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

here here Dawber !!!

Not been comin on this site that often, too many negative fans !!! We get a new coach....as people on here were requesting, and people are still not happy !!!! Dont know why some fans (so called) pay to see Wigan as they are doom and gloom constantly !! Gets quite boring !!!
wiganwalker

Post by wiganwalker »

I don't think that many will go next season. At least not 7-8 like some people are suggesting. That would not be financially viable nor, if we were going to replace a lot of the kids with players of a greater stature, would we be able to fit them in under the salary cap.
Some of the 'big' names like moran and orr need replacing though, that is for sure.
Furthermore, all the work that will have been done from now until the end of this season would be lost if we were to replace so many players.

And as for relegation, which we all seem to have forgotten is the topic here; that's not going to happen and we all know it (even that moronic warrington fan!)
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

this is what's called life after faz!
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

Joanne2809 posted:
here here Dawber !!!

Not been comin on this site that often, too many negative fans !!! We get a new coach....as people on here were requesting, and people are still not happy !!!! Dont know why some fans (so called) pay to see Wigan as they are doom and gloom constantly !! Gets quite boring !!!
i couldnt be more happier with milly! so what he lost his first game but we have to give him time!
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Exactly, I'm chuffed we have Millward too and he really does need time. You can't turn a squad round in 11 days.. Also, people keep comparing this squad to 1997, I think people are forgetting that we actually finished 4th in 1997, so really we were in a better position then. Anyway, forget that, just give Millward a season and we'll see because he can deliver.
Wigan 'til I die.