Catalans Live

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Catalans Live

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Not only did the live stream not work, but the 5 minutes highlights now have the score in the title. Ruins the game from anyone who didn't get to watch live.

(also this thread has the score on it which is really shoudn't do)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:Not only did the live stream not work, but the 5 minutes highlights now have the score in the title. Ruins the game from anyone who didn't get to watch live.

(also this thread has the score on it which is really shoudn't do)
Sorry, that's my fault :blush:

I had no problem with the live stream tho :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Just watched the full game on Wigan TV, overall very pleased with what I saw, lots of promise for the new season, Escare, FPN, Benny Flower, Joel, Budgie and Tommy all caught the eye, I liked young Josh Ganson, especially with ball in hand, although he just needs to time his defensive runs better and make the tackle stick, (which I'm sure he will with experience) he definitely means we are well covered at 9, which also means we have very good options in the halves, Sam P, Tommy and George can all play at 9 or in the halves, with MM when fit and young Josh at 9, plus Jake as a half and kicker it's a case of perm any 3 from 6 or 7. Our pack looks to have strength in depth, we have options for the back 3. With Sam T, Dom and TC to come back, I can't wait for the season to start
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
OJ

Post by OJ »

Got to see it finally yesterday although enjoyment spoilt through knowing the score first. Certainly not good publicity for Wigan TV - on Saturday we were trying to contact them to find out why it wasn't coming through (Wigan v Leigh came through no probs) and they don't give a phone number, they ask you to email them which we did and still not had a reply 3 days later. We did ring the general number but no reply. Had really looked forward to watching it live and Wigan RL really need to sort this out for future events, ok it was only a friendly but at this time of year where we're all gagging for some rugby it was a huge disappointment
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I blame Brexit!! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

OJ wrote:Got to see it finally yesterday although enjoyment spoilt through knowing the score first. Certainly not good publicity for Wigan TV - on Saturday we were trying to contact them to find out why it wasn't coming through (Wigan v Leigh came through no probs) and they don't give a phone number, they ask you to email them which we did and still not had a reply 3 days later. We did ring the general number but no reply. Had really looked forward to watching it live and Wigan RL really need to sort this out for future events, ok it was only a friendly but at this time of year where we're all gagging for some rugby it was a huge disappointment
It wouldn't work on on Windows or android devices but I managed to get it on iphone and connected to tv ok. I also emailed them about the problem and got a reply straight away. They later acknowledged that there was a problem and said they would get back to me in a few days when they knew exactly what the cause was.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I blame Brexit!! :D

I blame that Trump fella !!!
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

The frogs pulled the plug at Calais!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just watched the full game. One thing that did strike me was, the break that led to Inu's try aside, Wigan again finished the game the stronger after succumbing to some pressure as the Dragons got back into the match. The kids held up well, Joe Burgess and Tommy looked sharp, it's all good, really. :)

And some great finishing; those tries all took a bit of scoring!