Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wormburner

Re: Williams

Post by Wormburner »

OAMJSON wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I've heard he's signed for The Rabbitohs next year :(
If that is the case then the club must have agreed to it as George will still be under contract. Perhaps it is another of IFL's buy back schemes. Whatever happens I think it is inevitable that George will end up in the NRL.
he is going to St George
Manly
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wormburner wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: If that is the case then the club must have agreed to it as George will still be under contract. Perhaps it is another of IFL's buy back schemes. Whatever happens I think it is inevitable that George will end up in the NRL.
he is going to St George
Manly
Can we all have a guess?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I would assume Bateman is doing some serious thinking about his long term future
Bateman is very family orientated, with his mum who he adores & his little girl Millie!

Think those two things are a big item that would stand in his way of choosing the NRL!
Oh i agree with you Josie,but given the tech today and his still young age (i always forget just how young John is for some reason),and the way his last contract was structured (the nrl move for a fee in his final year written into it etc)it's very clear that at some level John and his agent have at least discussed the move albeit a couple of years ago now.

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
OAMJSON wrote: he is going to St George
Manly
Can we all have a guess?
lets wait and see who is right
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It he does sign for st George I hope Shaun wane has said that we will have widdop.
Good player and he can kick, wed have two options in him and escare then
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote:It he does sign for st George I hope Shaun wane has said that we will have widdop.
Unless we make Widdop our marquee player we can't afford him! Anyway, I think George will become a far better player.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Barney841 wrote:It he does sign for st George I hope Shaun wane has said that we will have widdop.
Not needed tbh.

Sam to 6 and Escare to FB.

Though I do hope that Sarge struggles in the NRL and comes back to us. His last few games at FB were his best for the club.

But prio atm is getting Escare on a longer deal. I know 4 games does not make him a good player but he up to now he is a lot better than we though he would be.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wasn't the one year deal to see if we like him and he likes us.
For a lad who doesn't (or didn't) speak much English that's a hard task. If he can settle I don't think he'll consider going anywhere else.
All of us a impressed with him and hope come the time the club will secure his future at Wigan.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Don't rate Widdop one bit, he's an awful player and so over rated!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Wasn't the one year deal to see if we like him and he likes us.
For a lad who doesn't (or didn't) speak much English that's a hard task. If he can settle I don't think he'll consider going anywhere else.
All of us a impressed with him and hope come the time the club will secure his future at Wigan.
I was wondering how the club are managing that. Maybe Navarette can translate for him, he has more English, doesn't he?

I was dubious about him, as a few were, but the lad has impressed all so far, no doubt. He already looks twice the player he was at Catalans and the club deserve credit for that too.