TIME TO LOOK AND CONCLUDE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wormburner

Re: TIME TO LOOK AND CONCLUDE

Post by Wormburner »

pearsy wrote:How many would take going out of the cc and the play offs if we get there.If it meant Wane getting sacked

1 who would you like to see as coach
2 which players would you get rid of
3 which players would you want see in
1 Des Hasler
2 FPN, S Tomkins,
3 Jarrod Croker, James Graham

Escare at 1
Croker in the Centres, Gildart as back up
Powell to 7 with Williams
Tommy to 9 with MM
Graham & Flower starting with Club, Mr T and Sutton on the bench along with MM
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wormburner wrote:
pearsy wrote:How many would take going out of the cc and the play offs if we get there.If it meant Wane getting sacked

1 who would you like to see as coach
2 which players would you get rid of
3 which players would you want see in
1 Des Hasler
2 FPN, S Tomkins,
3 Jarrod Croker, James Graham

Escare at 1
Croker in the Centres, Gildart as back up
Powell to 7 with Williams
Tommy to 9 with MM
Graham & Flower starting with Club, Mr T and Sutton on the bench along with MM
Pipedream, though. There's as much chance of Jarrod Croker playing for Wigan as me doing so.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think we have competed better than any other team would in our current predicament.....most teams would arguably get slaughtered with the players missing that we have had out........I do believe we have thrown playrers in that are not 100 %( which has probably lead to longer periods out injured)......... I'm not gonna knock SW for his efforts this year and still think we will be there or there abouts ,come the end of the year.........Saying this I still think our centre position has been our biggest downfall......We were defo light in that department and need too address it next season.......We need a top class centre and a goal kicker next season imo.........regarding the injuries,if it's the same again next season then we must have a problem........the forwards are doing well this year,but certain forwards haven't been rested due too lack of troops
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I do look and conclude that Wane is not the problem.

He has shown he can build a team strong enough to win the GF and the WCC. His ability to identify and bring on talent is without parallel in my time watching the club.
I watch 2 teams - Wigan and London and clubb and Sarg were the best raw talents there. He got the very best out of them. He has assembled the best squad in the league, which showed against Cronulla a level of perfection rarely seen even from our teams.

All of his problems this year stem from the gap between the quality of the squad and actual team we field. He may occasionally make within game mistakes - and I agree that his subs are too predictable. Plus he seems to have favourites - seeing in 17 vintage McIllorum and Joel T otherwise invisible qualities. But that is far outweighed by his ability to develop wonderful talent like Marshall and Davies.

I place the certainty that this season will be a write off by mid June down to the backroom staff and lack of off field discipline which means that every year we have more injuries, which take longer to heal than other clubs. And even when better we have to wait months before they are match fit. That the incompetents were allowed to audit themselves and conclude it's bad luck is as unprofessional as you can get. We pay over £200 a seat in the expectation of seeing the good players play, not be "drip fed" in weeks after being possibly ready to return.

In the meantime, they constantly lie to us about return dates presumably to sell tickets. Sam T is "training well" (really?) and might be back "at then end of the month" (for which read September). We may as well have a money bonfire every week for the fortune we pay him to pop into the gym (which he gets to use free) now and again.

TBH as far as the back room staff are concerned the only one I would keep would be Wane. Without his ability to develop and motivate players who should not be asked to play at this level, we would be level with Widnes.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

... IS AT THE END OF THE SEASON?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I agree a lot of what with what exiled wiganer posted for him he gets it spot on. I made a comment the other re Matty Smith recovering from a "broken leg" so quickly and his determination to do so. I know all injuries are different and some take longer than other but I feel some of our players are happy to "perform" in the gym rather than where want to see them on the pitch. Finally as regards injuries I would be interested to see how many games Gelling has missed since he became a first team regular because I feel he has missed a great deal of games and dare I say it is injury prone