That's it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: That's it

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Oh Gimble, I used to have respect for you as a poster but your immaturity has surfaced and it is quite frankly embarrassing. If you make a sweeping statement that our training methods are to blame for our injuries I only think it is fair to ask for evidence to support your accusation, something I am still waiting for.
Again I have never made a sweeping statement I asked a question and seems some on here take what they are told as being correct. Injuries can happen in training also not resting properly can be an issue. Joel pulled a muscle 2 weeks or so ago that is a sign of muscle been over worked and not rested.

You seem fixated that a player getting injured in a game can not be due to not resting adequately.

Luck is an excuse luck comes and goes but 2-3 season well since 2013 we have not seen a fit side in any way shape or form on the pitch for a run of games.
No I seem fixated on reality which is that there is no evidence to suggest our training causes more 'fatigue' injuries than any other SL team. We have had far more unlucky/trauma injuries than any other SL team, that is fact.

Where were all our fatigue injuries when we had a fit and raring squad that won us a GF last year? Surely the excessive training methods would only make us more tired as the season went on? No?
A few of those players were injured during last season but came back just in time to get us into 2nd spot. Sam, Gells, Manfredi, Bateman (discipline) Lockers, MM, Joel and a few more were injured and those who played in the final were more rested than what Wire had.

Squad won us the GF last season but that squad has been run to the ground over the last few weeks and Tierney looks shot of confidence.

Leigh missed players last night and they put 50 on us. That is the reality of where we are today.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Dave-C wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Again I have never made a sweeping statement I asked a question and seems some on here take what they are told as being correct. Injuries can happen in training also not resting properly can be an issue. Joel pulled a muscle 2 weeks or so ago that is a sign of muscle been over worked and not rested.

You seem fixated that a player getting injured in a game can not be due to not resting adequately.

Luck is an excuse luck comes and goes but 2-3 season well since 2013 we have not seen a fit side in any way shape or form on the pitch for a run of games.
No I seem fixated on reality which is that there is no evidence to suggest our training causes more 'fatigue' injuries than any other SL team. We have had far more unlucky/trauma injuries than any other SL team, that is fact.

Where were all our fatigue injuries when we had a fit and raring squad that won us a GF last year? Surely the excessive training methods would only make us more tired as the season went on? No?
SOL was injured again (in training) for last nights match. The fact that we have generally had more injuries than any other club over the last 3 years, simply unlucky does not rub with me.

Wane has finally been found out as our squad has deprecated that much of senior quality over the last couple of seasons, resulting in other lower end clubs opposing us more directly, and now Wigan are in the dangerous position they are in.

Yes we have had a strong squad towards the end of the last couple of seasons but I put this down to a weak Superleague and the fact that through the last couple of seasons, we have been able to oppose other teams through the regular season with a injured squad. Last couple of seasons Wane left out key players for ages so that they were there for the GF.

Week in week out we are appauling. Week in week out there is a constant mention of players injured in training.
We have been very poor for 6-7 weeks that does not constitute week in week out. We are on a run of bad form without doubt but I think we will improve.

Can you show me this week in week out constant mention of players injured in training?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dave-C wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: No I seem fixated on reality which is that there is no evidence to suggest our training causes more 'fatigue' injuries than any other SL team. We have had far more unlucky/trauma injuries than any other SL team, that is fact.

SOL was injured again (in training) for last nights match. The fact that we have generally had more injuries than any other club over the last 3 years, simply unlucky does not rub with me.

Wane has finally been found out as our squad has deprecated that much of senior quality over the last couple of seasons, resulting in other lower end clubs opposing us more directly, and now Wigan are in the dangerous position they are in.

Yes we have had a strong squad towards the end of the last couple of seasons but I put this down to a weak Superleague and the fact that through the last couple of seasons, we have been able to oppose other teams through the regular season with a injured squad. Last couple of seasons Wane left out key players for ages so that they were there for the GF.

Week in week out we are appauling. Week in week out there is a constant mention of players injured in training.
We have been very poor for 6-7 weeks that does not constitute week in week out. We are on a run of bad form without doubt but I think we will improve.

Can you show me this week in week out constant mention of players injured in training?
Im more relating to the last 3/4 seasons. Its no myth about the training injuries Wigan get, and this has been consistent over the last 3/4 seasons.

Yes, we will get better, but I fear its too late. Last couple of seasons Super League has been at a low standard thus Wigan have been able to get away with it. This season not.
TrueBlueWarrior

Dave-C wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dave-C wrote: SOL was injured again (in training) for last nights match. The fact that we have generally had more injuries than any other club over the last 3 years, simply unlucky does not rub with me.

Im more relating to the last 3/4 seasons. Its no myth about the training injuries Wigan get, and this has been consistent over the last 3/4 seasons.

Yes, we will get better, but I fear its too late. Last couple of seasons Super League has been at a low standard thus Wigan have been able to get away with it. This season not.
So if it's been week in week out for 3-4 seasons it has been mentioned there should be plenty of evidence out there to support your myth......sorry theory!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dave-C wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: We have been very poor for 6-7 weeks that does not constitute week in week out. We are on a run of bad form without doubt but I think we will improve.

So if it's been week in week out for 3-4 seasons it has been mentioned there should be plenty of evidence out there to support your myth......sorry theory!!
You're an argumentative sod aren't you. You get my point, so does everyone else on here. Let me get home from work and i'll post a link of numerous occasions players have been injured in training over the last 3/4 seasons.

Everyones got an opinion.
TrueBlueWarrior

Dave-C wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dave-C wrote: Im more relating to the last 3/4 seasons. Its no myth about the training injuries Wigan get, and this has been consistent over the last 3/4 seasons.

You're an argumentative sod aren't you. You get my point, so does everyone else on here. Let me get home from work and i'll post a link of numerous occasions players have been injured in training over the last 3/4 seasons.

Everyones got an opinion.
....and while you do that post a link of every other SL clubs reported injuries during training so then we can all see whether our training regimes truly result in more training ground injuries than all the other SL clubs! :wink:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

There is clearer a range of opinion from "just bad luck" to poor training, treatment and recovery. My money is very much on the latter, given that this is the 5th season in which pretty much every week has seen injury woes. As for allowing the people responsible for 5 years of easily injoured/slow returning players to audit themselves, I am firmly in the "you've got to be joking" camp.

Finally, there is also a cultural element - Fergie would ignore injured players, Mourinho belittles them. Wane love so them - delighting in how they're looking in the gym, being in no rush to get them back and nobody having anything to prove to him. Players with huge internal motivation like Clubb and Tommy simply highlight the never ending gym first, playing in 6 weeks culture.

TrueBlueWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote:There is clearer a range of opinion from "just bad luck" to poor training, treatment and recovery. My money is very much on the latter, given that this is the 5th season in which pretty much every week has seen injury woes. As for allowing the people responsible for 5 years of easily injoured/slow returning players to audit themselves, I am firmly in the "you've got to be joking" camp.

Finally, there is also a cultural element - Fergie would ignore injured players, Mourinho belittles them. Wane love so them - delighting in how they're looking in the gym, being in no rush to get them back and nobody having anything to prove to him. Players with huge internal motivation like Clubb and Tommy simply highlight the never ending gym first, playing in 6 weeks culture.

1. Nobody has ever said we don't get training ground injuries.
2. The question is do we get more than other SL clubs because of our training regimes?
3. If someone is suggesting yes to point 2 please evidence it.
4. We clearly have had bad luck regarding the majority of our injuries, not due to training!
5. Finally, the bit highlighted....well I am lost for words, you now know exactly how Sir Alex, Jose and SW treat their injured players do you? Wow, just wow!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:There is clearer a range of opinion from "just bad luck" to poor training, treatment and recovery. My money is very much on the latter, given that this is the 5th season in which pretty much every week has seen injury woes. As for allowing the people responsible for 5 years of easily injoured/slow returning players to audit themselves, I am firmly in the "you've got to be joking" camp.

1. Nobody has ever said we don't get training ground injuries.
2. The question is do we get more than other SL clubs because of our training regimes?
3. If someone is suggesting yes to point 2 please evidence it.
4. We clearly have had bad luck regarding the majority of our injuries, not due to training!
5. Finally, the bit highlighted....well I am lost for words, you now know exactly how Sir Alex, Jose and SW treat their injured players do you? Wow, just wow!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Appreciate you're entitled to your opinion but do you really believe in point 4, four seasons on the trot.....? As in bad luck? Funnily enough the time Wane took over.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't think that's too much of a stretch; Mourinho's comments about Shaw, and indeed his attitude towards Rooney, are a matter of public record.

But back on Wigan: the one thing I don't buy is the argument, which has often been put forward, that we suffer more injuries in the backs because SW asks them to cart the ball out of defence, sparing our 'middles'. For one thing, the extent to which Wigan's tactics are different to other teams is way over-stared in my opinion; don't Ryan Hall, McGillvary, Justin Carney, etc, bring the ball out of defence? And as everyone seems to agree that the NRL is a much tougher contest, why, considering their backs bring the ball out of defence all the time, aren't NRL sides suffering even greater injury issues than us? But I don't recall any of the top sides suffering that badly there, the sides most badly hit have generally been the weaker sides with the weaker squads, like the Titans and the Knights.