Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Tonights game

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:because as said and repeatadly ignored by the Expert fans. Smith ran the show . just as saints form improved when he came back from injury.
There has not been a "show" for about two or three seasons. Our attack has been poor for far too long. Smith had a handful of good games a season and for the rest of the time was poor. He scared no one in the opposition team and never took the line on. Probably because he knows he hasn't got any pace.

The problem isn't the lack of Smith but a clueless coach.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Brad5926 wrote:I feel us being in the same situation we was when Noble was in charge.

The team is low in confidence , not very fit and it's just not clicking at all , with the GF appearances and wins papering over the cracks.

With a new coach that has a good attacking mind to play good rugby, with the players we have, we could 100% have the same turnaround we did as to when Mcguire started here with us
I agree. A different coach could get more from these players. It's gone stale.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wane is untouchable I'm afraid, get used to it. It will get much worse before it gets better.
I could write a wish list of what I'd like for the team player wise and that won't happen neither.
I wonder if Waney has sleepless nights this season or is it a case of no sense no feeling?
Tonight was embarrassing at best.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Wane is untouchable I'm afraid, get used to it. It will get much worse before it gets better.
I could write a wish list of what I'd like for the team player wise and that won't happen neither.
I wonder if Waney has sleepless nights this season or is it a case of no sense no feeling?
Cant get any worse than this garbage tonight
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

jaws1 wrote:
Brad5926 wrote:I feel us being in the same situation we was when Noble was in charge.

The team is low in confidence , not very fit and it's just not clicking at all , with the GF appearances and wins papering over the cracks.

With a new coach that has a good attacking mind to play good rugby, with the players we have, we could 100% have the same turnaround we did as to when Mcguire started here with us
Love to have Powell down here as coach exciting less structured play.
You couldn't get any less structured than our attack tonight :exc:

Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Wane is untouchable I'm afraid, get used to it. It will get much worse before it gets better.
In Wanes defence i think he feels every loss as bad as us, the issue is he just isn't capable of changing. He just isn't good enough, maybe if we had a union style attack and defence coach set up he would be good but we don't and he isn't
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Rubbish. The only player who appeared to be trying was Bateman, and I think at the end he was that pee'd off he peeled one off. TL is too slow, Tomkins is nowhere near the player he used to be as for Nuuausala he should have been sent to Catalan on loan as far as I am concerned. He has been a liability since the day he came to the Warriors.

We played like s group of amateurs giving away far too many penalties in the second half. In the second half we were camped on the Wire line for 3 sets and through dumb play failed to get a score. We had the chance to kick for a penalty and get 2 points, but turned that down to end up with sod all.

As for that joke for of a ref, Child, he never looked to his left to check that the Wire players where on side, the Wire knew it and they were never on side for the majority of the first half. Also there were a couple of incidents when blatant penalties for us were ignored by him, while he was only too happy to award penalties against the Warriors.

I'm not looking forward to next week if we play like we did tonight the Whino's will slaughter us. We can forget about a top 4 finish. Play like that in the Semi and we can kiss the Challenge Cup goodbye.

Not a happy Bunny! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:because as said and repeatadly ignored by the Expert fans. Smith ran the show . just as saints form improved when he came back from injury.
There has not been a "show" for about two or three seasons. Our attack has been poor for far too long. Smith had a handful of good games a season and for the rest of the time was poor. He scared no one in the opposition team and never took the line on. Probably because he knows he hasn't got any pace.

The problem isn't the lack of Smith but a clueless coach.
just not true though.

people forget how bad we were the season we followed Deacons attack plan. they said at start of the season we where trying something new it didnt work deacon moved to sale and wane got blamed for the attack.

we have had issues since Harris left for salford.

but im going to have to disagree with you on smith, id agree he only have a few very good games but 99% of the time he was good and solid (goal kicking apart) he spends the entire 80 minutes organising talking and looking for the options. we had a very similar injury crisis last year but we won the GF. we had a settled halves with smith organising Williams was allowed to play what he saw/wanted.

tommy doesnt do this sure he attacks the line more. hits harder but he doesnt seem to talk much and is out of position alot. i dont blame the player. we had to very different halves last season which both played very different games. this year we have lost the organiser and just have two attacking halves.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Why did we not take the penalty under the sticks two points for certain and get the ball back this was the game changer for me.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
In Wanes defence i think he feels every loss as bad as us, the issue is he just isn't capable of changing. He just isn't good enough, maybe if we had a union style attack and defence coach set up he would be good but we don't and he isn't
TBH I agree with what you say, just venting off my annoyance.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield